- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Combine flours in a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together, then set aside.
- In a dutch oven set over medium-low heat, combine milk, sugar and oil. Whisk to combine and allow mixture to heat to 110 degrees. Once the mixture has reached that point, turn the heat off and allow it to sit for about 20 minutes or until the temperature has reduced to 90 degrees.
- Add the yeast, then 2 c. of flour. Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, mix until the flour is incorporated. Cover the dutch oven with a lid or towel and allow to rise in a warm spot for 1 hour.
- When the dough has doubled, add baking powder, baking soda, salt and the remaining ¼ c. of flour, stir to combine.
- Lightly spray or butter two standard size muffin pans.
- Roll the dough into 1½” balls. Place three balls in each muffin cup. Cover each pan with plastic wrap and let rise for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 12-16 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Remove from oven, allow to cool in pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. (Optional: rub warm tops of rolls with butter)
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman, PW Dinner Rolls