Holiday treat #2: Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
1½ c. cake flour, sifted
1¼ c. sugar
½ c. brown sugar
16 tbsp. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1¼ c. milk
4 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2. Combine flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the vanilla.
4. With the mixer on low speed, add in the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Beat each addition just until incorporated.
5. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cupcake liners, filling each three-quarters full. Bake, rotating the pans halfway through, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
Adapted from Recipe Girl, Snickerdoodle Cupcakes | Makes approximately 24 cupcakes
3 tsp. whole milk (I used 1% and it turned out just as tasty
4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon (King Arthur Flour’s Vietnamese cinnamon is perfect for this!)
2. Use a rubber scraper (spatula) to scoop into a piping bag (if you don’t have one, a Ziplock bag works great). Once in the bag, cut the tip (or corner) to create an opening. Then pipe onto cupcakes in a circular motion starting at the outside working in. Dust with additional cinnamon.
(One batch makes enough to frost 24 cupcakes)