Honey mustard chicken salad is sweet, tangy and loaded with crunch! It’s a light yet filling meal or the perfect flavor-packed side.
This salad will be on repeat all summer long! It’s loaded with all of my favorite things and ready to go in just 30 minutes. Best of all? My kids devour it! To complete the meal try serving this with Instant pot quinoa pilaf or Instant pot risotto.
Full of flavor
This honey mustard chicken salad was the first and probably one of my favorites because it’s easy. And lately I NEED easy! I’m sure I’m not alone!!
I grabbed this dressing at Whole Foods the other day because it was one of the few I could find without some kind of dairy or soy. It’s soooo good! Light, sweet, tangy and fresh tasting.
If you saw the Italian pasta salad I shared a few days back, I used another Cindy’s Kitchen dressing and it was also delish!
This made an extra large lunch or dinner size portion. You could easily divide it up into two filling sides or even four small salad portions. I ate this bad boy all by myself. Of course, I did share with my kiddos here and there. We all agreed, I needed to make this again!
How to make honey mustard chicken salad
CHICKEN + BACON. While the chicken and bacon are cooking, prepare remaining ingredients.
ASSEMBLE. Use a large salad bowl or two medium salad bowls depending on the serving size. Place greens in, then top with remaining toppings.
DRESS. Drizzle dressing over top and serve immediately.
The options are endless, but here are some of our favorites:
- Sliced avocado
- Dried cranberries
- Sunflower Seeds (or other favorite nuts)
- Crumbled feta or gorgonzola
- Any of your favorites cheeses for that matter!
Keep these in mind if you want to make things more simple.
Use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken instead of cooking up your own chicken breast
Use packaged bacon crumbles instead of smoking up your whole house for fresh bacon.
STORE this salad covered in the fridge for 2-3 days. Do not dress the whole salad if you expect to have leftovers, this will not help the salad keep for very long.
To make this salad ahead, pre-cook your bacon and chicken and have that ready to go earlier in the week. Assemble everything right before serving and drizzle your salad dressing on individual servings.
For more salad recipes, check out:
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 large chicken breast - seasoned and cooked, and cut into cubes*
- 2 strips bacon - cooked
- 4 loosely packed cups greens - I used a 50/50 spring mix and spinach blend
- ½ red apple - cubed
- 1 green onion - sliced
- ⅓ c. candied or caramelized walnuts
- ¼ c. toasted sliced almonds
- 2-3 tbsp. honey dijon vinaigrette
Additional toppings (optional):
- ½ avocado - cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. crumbled feta or gorgonzola
- While the chicken and bacon are cooking, prepare remaining ingredients.
- Use a large salad bowl or two medium salad bowls depending on the serving size. Place greens in, then top with remaining toppings.
- Drizzle dressing over top and serve immediately.