Lemon Coconut Cookies
Thank you Country Crock for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions are my own.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than whipping up a batch of these bright and cheery lemon coconut cookies. All you need is this one easy recipe!
The weather here in Utah has been cold and rainy this past week, which means we’ve been spending a lot of time indoors. My little ones have been champs, but keeping everyone entertained has been tough.
Our oldest loves to bake with me, he’s been doing it since he was teeny tiny, so I thought we’d hop in the kitchen and bake together- it was just what we needed!
The Country Crock® Make It YoursTM Cookie Recipe is so easy to make! You start off with the perfect base, from there, you can get creative and add in whatever mix-in’s inspire you! We had a bunch of extra lemons on our counter along with some coconut and white chocolate chips that needed to be used up. They were the perfect mix-in’s to brighten up our rainy day.
To start, we grabbed a tub of Country Crock®. It’s the perfect buttery spread for baking (made with real, simple ingredients, including delicious oils, purified water, and a pinch of salt). Using a hand mixer we mixed it along with the granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract and lemon extract. Then, we mixed in the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until a soft dough formed. Finally, we folded in the mix-ins (lemon zest, coconut and white chocolate chips), scooped up the dough, placed it on the prepared sheets, and baked the cookies until they were golden brown.
They were delicious!! Our family had such a fun time baking & eating them!
You can make Mother’s Day extra special this year too! With a little baking inspiration from Country Crock®, enlist your little one(s) to be your kitchen helpers and create something delicious with the Make It YoursTM cookie recipe. Because time spent in the kitchen is more than just about making cookies, it’s about the time we get as a family and the values we can share – such as imagination, creativity, togetherness. I absolutely loved these sweet and tangy lemon coconut cookies. I hope that the mom(s) in your life will too!
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spreadable Sticks or Tub
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. lemon extract (optional)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- Your choice of mix-ins OR for lemon coconut cookies:
- 1 c. white chocolate chips or 1 c. chopped white chocolate
- ¾ c. sweetened coconut (shredded or flakes)
- 1½ tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- Using a wooden spoon or hand mixer, mix Country Crock® Spread, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and lemon extract in large bowl until well mixed. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended (the dough will be soft and creamy). Add your favorite mix-ins (or use the ones listed above), fold with a spatula until every spoonful of dough has some of the mix-ins.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls (or to achieve a more uniform look, use a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop), on ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 1 minute on wire rack; remove from the sheets and cool completely.
-Want to make bars? Line a 9x13-inch pan with foil leaving 2-inch overhang on short ends. Evenly spread cookie dough into prepared pan. Bake 18 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on wire rack in pan 10 minutes. Using foil overhang, lift cookie from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Recipe source: Country Crock
Visit CountryCrock.com/recipes for more delicious recipes and inspiration!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Country Crock . The opinions and text are all mine.