Time to step up your game with these vanilla bean sundaes with chocolate salted caramel sauce. They’re fun, easy and absolutely delicious! A total crowd-pleaser!
Today I’m taking one of my favorite summertime treats and transforming it into something spectacular. An ice cream sundae topped with decadent homemade chocolate salted caramel sauce.
Yes, I said CHOCOLATE salted caramel sauce. It’s every bit as divine as it sounds… trust me!
To start I grabbed a few pints of NEW Signature Reserve™ Super Premium Ice Cream exclusively available in my area at my local Safeway store. It’s a hop, skip and a jump away from our house. Super convenient but also problematic at times. You know, because desserts like these happen way too often.??
Some of the unique flavors we found included Belgian Chocolate Almond Ice Cream, Colombian Cold Brew Caramel Ice Cream, Brazilian Guava Cheesecake Ice Cream, and my personal favorite Madagascar Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Made with globally-sourced ingredients and perfectly balanced with a rich, indulgent taste in each spoonful.
We had a little sampling party and then chose our favorite to make sundaes with. I’m always a sucker for vanilla bean, so I went with that.
No regrets people, NO regrets! ?
Next we made a few big scoops of ice cream right on top.
We decided to skip the bowl and make our sundaes right in the container. It was so fun! I felt like such a rebel. ?
I know that you’re thinking- Natalie, you really need to get out more!! I know. I know. ? #momlife
The kids we so giddy! They loved it too.
I drizzled a big dollop of this thick, luscious chocolate salted caramel over top, added a sugar cone, roasted peanuts and of course, a maraschino cherry. It was perfect.
Don’t worry though, we didn’t eat it all in one sitting. Instead, we swirled in the remaining ingredients and tossed it in the freezer for later. That way the work was already done and we could pop it out and enjoy it immediately. Instant gratification!
If you’re looking for a fun idea or just want to take your sundae game to the next level, this post is for you! Below I’ve outlined the ingredients you’ll need to make these sundaes, including the homemade chocolate salted caramel sauce. You don’t want to skip this ingredient. It MAKES these sundaes. Seriously!! It’s also delicious stuffed in cupcakes, spread over brownies, sandwiched in between cookies, and poured into a tart. If you try this recipe let me know in the comments!
Need more recipes? Subscribe to my email list! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there. You’ll receive posts, newsletters and so much more!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM & PINTEREST!
Vanilla Bean Sundaes with Chocolate Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
For the Chocolate Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/2 c. heavy cream - at room temperature (or slightly warmed in a microwave)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter - cut into 3 pieces and very soft
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste or extract
For the Sundaes:
- Ice cream such as Signature Reserve™ Madagascar Vanilla Bean
- Chopped roasted/toasted nuts
- Maraschino cherries
- Sugar cones
- Mini chocolate chips or sprinkles - optional
- Add the sugar, water and corn syrup in a small saucepan or skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat. Allow the ingredients to bubble away for about 7-10 minutes. Swirl the pan a couple of times once you start seeing some color, until the caramel turns a pale to medium amber (do not let it get as dark as mahogany).
- Lower the heat, stand away from the pan and add the cream, followed by the butter and salt — ingredients that might cause the caramel to roil. Return to the heat and whisk for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the chocolate and vanilla, whisk until smooth. Pour the caramel into a jar or bowl and cover with a piece of plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving to allow it to thicken. If refrigerated for longer an the caramel is too thick, warm it in the microwave until it reaches desired consistency.
- Drizzle over ice cream, top with chopped nuts, a cherry and a cone. Add a pinch or two of mini chocolate chips or sprinkles for fun!
I bought my Signature Reserve™ Super Premium Ice Creams at my local Safeway store. You can also find them exclusively at all of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, and Carrs/Safeway. Visit banner.com to find a store near you and discover more recipe ideas.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.