Carrot Patch Cupcakes
These cute little carrot patch cupcakes are perfect for spring! They’ve got a chocolate base & buttercream, cookie “dirt” and a strawberry “carrot” on top. The Easter Bunny is going to love nibbling on them! ????????????
Remember how I posted that super springy blueberry lemon bundt cake a few weeks ago? Well now I’m back sharing another recipe using Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® chocolate cake & frosting! Next time you’re strolling down the baking aisle at Walmart, make sure to stock up on Pillsbury™ cake mixes and frostings so you can make these adorable cupcakes for your Easter celebration. They’re so fun & easy to make, kids will love helping out too!
Start by mixing up the cupcake batter. You don’t need a fancy stand mixer, a hand mixer will work just fine. Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees or until the tops spring back when touched. While the cupcakes are cooling you’ll want to crush the chocolate sandwich cookies (scrape the cream out and discard) and dip your strawberries. ????
Don’t be intimidated by the strawberry “carrots.” Melt a bag of orange candy melts with a bit of coconut oil and whisk until smooth. Dip clean, dry strawberries into the mixture and swirl to remove any excess chocolate. After the coating is dry, you can clip the corner of a plastic bag and drizzle a little extra over them to create some texture. Totally optional but really cute!
While they’re setting, use a paring knife to remove the center portion of each cupcake (you can use a cupcake corer too). Frost around the hole in the center, then sprinkle with “dirt” or crushed cookie crumbs. I kept mine a bit chunky because I really liked how they looked. Burry the strawberries into the center of each cupcake and they’re good to go. P.S. This, along with the dirt part was the highlight of the whole process for our toddler, his little eyes lit up when he got to help and saw the finished cupcake. I have to admit, it was pretty fun for me too. ☺️
If you’re looking for a unique treat for your Easter gathering, I’d highly recommend these carrot patch cupcakes. They only take an hour to make and are guaranteed to be a hit with whoever you share them with! Happy Easter!! ????????
- 1 pkg Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Chocolate Premium Cake Mix
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 c. sour cream*
- ¼ c. milk
- 3 eggs
- 20 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies
- For the Frosting:
- 1 pkg. (1½ c.) Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Frosting
- For the Carrots:
- 24 strawberries, washed and dried
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 lb. bag orange candy melts
- Fresh mint for sprouts (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two standard size muffin pans with liners; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cake mix and the butter until a thick dough forms. Add the yogurt and milk, mix until combined. Add the eggs and beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Scoop into the liners (3/4 of the way full) and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tops spring back. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, crush the sandwich cookies (discarding any cream in the centers) and set aside. I do this in a plastic zip bag with my rolling pin, you can also use a food processor.
- In a microwave safe bowl (or over a double boiler), melt the coconut oil, then add the candy melts. Whisk until smooth. Remove from the heat and dip the strawberries in, swirling to remove excess chocolate. Set on a piece of parchment or wax paper. Fill a piping bag or plastic zip bag with the remaining melted chocolate and drizzle over the hardened strawberries.
- While the strawberries are setting, remove a quarter size hole in the center of the cupcakes, about ¾-inch deep (you can also use a cupcake corer if you have one). Using an offset spatula or butter knife, frost around the hole, then sprinkle the cookie crumb "dirt" on top. Burry a strawberry "carrot" in the center of each cupcake. Garnish with little sprigs of mint for sprouts if desired.
-Cupcakes will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple
Save on Pillsbury products by snagging a coupon HERE.
Discover more ways to #MixUpAMoment on Pinterest!
We’d love to see how you #MixUpAMoment with your family. Snap a picture and share it on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!
Disclaimer: comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.