BLT Cobb Salad
This BLT Cobb salad is loaded with fresh and flavorful ingredients. It can be easily customized based on what you have in your fridge or pantry.
Happy National Bacon Day!! Today’s recipe is one that we make ALL of the time, sometimes with grilled chicken and fried egg, but always the same mix of ingredients. I love how filling and flavorful it is, especially when you drizzle it with a bit of homemade ranch dressing. Yum!
The cobb salad is super easy to throw together, I used ingredients we already had in our pantry and refrigerator. Simple & effortless. I started by tossing some romaine and mixed greens together, then I added the chicken (we had leftover strips from the night before), hard boiled egg (we always have a few in our fridge), bacon bits (the only thing I actually cooked for this salad), cubed cheese (I used a really spicy cheese and it was SOOO good), corn (fresh corn, cooked the night before), cherry tomatoes, avocado, green onion, and sunflower seeds. We dressed ours with buttermilk ranch and oh man was it good!
This BTL cobb salad was filling, full of texture and amazing flavor. It was big enough to feed two adults for dinner, although I totally wanted to eat more! We’ll definitely be making this one over & over again… I think you will too!
- 3 c. chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 c. mixed greens
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 1 chicken breast (grilled or crispy)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ c. corn
- ½ c. cheddar or pepper jack cubes, about ¼" in size (I used Cabot's Habanero Cheddar)
- ¼ c. roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 green onions, sliced
- To assemble the salad, place the greens in a large bowl (or two medium bowls) and top with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately with ranch dressing.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THESE 9 DELICIOUS BACON RECIPES:
- Maple Bacon Cinnamon Rolls – Ashlee Marie
- Maple Bacon Waffles – Real Mom Kitchen
- Bacon Jam – The Stay At Home Chef
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza – The Baker Upstairs
- Bacon Cheese Pastries – Food Crafts and Family
- Bacon Cheese Rolls – Creations by Kara
- Smothered Pork Chops with Bacon Crumbles – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Bacon Wrapped Meatballs – Butter With A Side of Bread
- Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken Rollups – Yummy Healthy Easy