Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce
- 8-10 flour tortillas - OR corn if you prefer
- 2 cup cooked chicken - shredded
- 1 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup habenero cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- fresh cilantro - for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in four and cook for one minute. Add chicken broth and, whisking until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream and 1/2 of the green chiles and 1/2 of the cheese blend. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, remaining chiles, cheese and spices.
- Place an equal amount of chicken mixture into each tortilla along with a spoonful of sour cream sauce. Roll and place seam down into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Continue until remaining ingredients are used.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until sauce bubbles and begins to brown. Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro.