Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce
1 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
2 c. chicken broth
1 c. light sour cream
1 (4oz.) can diced green chilies
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. coriander
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in four and cook for one minute. Add chicken broth and, whisking until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
3. Stir in sour cream and 1/2 of the green chiles and 1/2 of the cheese blend. Set aside.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, remaining chiles, cheese and spices.
5. Place an equal amount of chicken mixture into each tortilla along with a spoonful of sour cream sauce. Roll and place seam down into a lightly greased 9×13 pan. Continue until remaining ingredients are used.
6. Pour remaning sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until sauce bubbles and begins to brown. Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro.