This Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes recipe combines rich flavors of chocolate, chocolate ganache, raspberry buttercream frosting and fresh raspberries for a delicious dessert you will love!
Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/8 tsp. espresso powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
- 16 Tbsp. unsalted butter - room temperature
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. seedless raspberry puree - (from 6 oz. of fresh raspberries)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 12 raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 1 cupcake pan with liners, set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk or sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add eggs, warm water w/ espresso powder, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Mix on mediums peed until smooth. Turn down speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Mix until smooth (no flour/cocoa pockets remain), about 3minutes.
- Divide batter evenly among cups, filling ⅔of the way full. Place in oven and bake for 20-21 minutes, or until the tops spring back when touched and a cake tester comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake!
- Remove from oven, allow them to sit for 3-4minutes in the pan, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Prepare ganache and frosting. Dip in ganache, frost and top with raspberries.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. In a separate bowl, combine chocolate, corn syrup and vanilla. Once the cream is heated through, pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Let cool for10 minutes.
- Turn cooled cupcake upside down and dip into ganache. Swirl to remove excess. Place right side up on a wire rack to set (about 5 minutes or so). Repeat processed as many times as desired.
- Puree 6 oz. of fresh raspberries in a food processor or blender. Pour through mesh sieve over a small bowl. Press all of the juice out until all that remains is seeds.
- Cream the butter, salt, vanilla, seedless raspberry puree and milk in the bowl of a stand mixer (beat on high for 1 minute).
- With mixing speed on low, begin adding in the sugar a ½ c. at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Add additional cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove bowl from stand. Frost cupcakes with the buttercream and garnish accordingly.