Easy oven roasted broccoli is tender and full of flavor. This delicious side dish is made with only a handful of ingredients and is ready in no time!
The hot oven transforms broccoli making it sweet and tender with a delicious charred flavor. If that’s not enough goodness, it’s also very low in calories and carbs and high in fiber. Eat up! For more tasty sides try Roasted Spring Vegetables, Instant Pot Asparagus, or Instant Pot Cabbage.
The Easiest Side Dish!
Oven roasted broccoli is a great way to serve broccoli to kids. Half of my kids love raw broccoli, and the other half love roasted. I’m team both!! Roasted broccoli is a healthy side dish with major crowd appeal. Broccoli contains a lot of good-for-you fiber, vitamin C, and a surprising amount of protein, too.
This flavorful side dish is just the right amount of crispy and tender with a perfect blend of seasons and spices. Put that all together for a tasty side that is sure to wow.
Once you make roasted broccoli once, you’ll never go back. That delicious charred flavor is insanely satisfying. Broccoli roasted simply with olive oil and garlic is an easy side dish the whole family will love.
How to Roast Broccoli
- You can use either fresh or frozen broccoli for this recipe.
- When picking out fresh broccoli you need to find a head of broccoli that is bright green that has a strong stalk.
- If you are using frozen broccoli you should turn/stir the broccoli 1 or 2 more times when baking it, and broil it for the last little bit for a good texture.
- Rinse your broccoli under tap water and shake off the excess water. Chop your stalk off and separate the head into small florets (bite-sized) before placing on the baking sheet.
- Make sure that you space your florets out on your baking sheet so that it isn’t overcrowded.
PREP. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
TOSS. Place broccoli florets onto a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic. Arrange florets in a single layer.
BAKE. Place in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes. Edges of the broccoli will begin to brown or char, that’s ok!
SPICE & SERVE. Remove from the oven and toss with parmesan, red pepper flakes(optional), and additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Tips, Additions, & Storing
More seasoning ideas:
- Lemon: Drizzle the roasted broccoli with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Cheese: You can also top the broccoli with cheese when you bake it if it can safely melt in the oven.
- Balsamic: You can drizzle your oven roasted broccoli with balsamic vinegar.
- Spicy: Use red pepper flakes or paprika to add some spice.
- Cauliflower: use equal sized cauliflower and broccoli florets so that it roasts evenly and browns at about the same time.
- Potatoes: Use halved red potatoes and broccoli florets and bake together with garlic and onion powder. Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
- Carrots: Use about a pound of broccoli to about 2 large carrots and cut them into equal sizes and season them with salt, pepper, and lemon zest too!
Storing: Store this in the fridge for about 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Reheating: Reheating roasted broccoli in the microwave is an option, but it doesn’t give the best texture. Even though it takes a bit longer, reheating the broccoli in the oven tastes so much better! Reheat it on a baking sheet at 375 for about 5 minutes until it’s warmed through.
Serve roasted broccoli with:
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
- Crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Maple Dijon Roasted Chicken
For more yummy side dishes, try:
- Instant Pot Asparagus
- Yellow Rice Recipe
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Stovetop Cinnamon Apples
Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb broccoli - cut into even florets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice - fresh
- kosher sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese - grated
- red pepper flakes - (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place broccoli florets onto a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic. Arrange florets in a single layer.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes. Edges of the broccoli will begin to brown or char, that's ok!
- Remove from the oven and toss with parmesan, red pepper flakes(optional), and additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately