These creamy lemon and thyme pork chops are perfect for a cozy weekend meal. They’re breaded and topped with a luscious, flavorful pan sauce.
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite smothered pork chop recipes. They’re crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and topped with a luscious cream sauce that everyone will love! Serve them up with rice, potatoes or even a bed of pasta. The options are endless!
I generally prefer using boneless pork chops, but sometimes I just can’t deny the flavor that comes from bone-in chops. You can use either for this recipe (check out the notes section in the recipe below for more options). The first step is making the breading, then pan-frying the pork chops and letting them finish in the oven.
While they’re baking, you can whip up the cream sauce in the same skillet you used earlier. The fewer the dishes the better, right? Plus you get all of those browned bits in your sauce that make it taste even more amazing!
Once the pork chops are fully cooked, you’ll want to nestle them into the cream sauce and spoon it over top. We like use small condiment dishes to serve additional cream sauce on the side, and it’s always gone in no time! If you’re looking for a delicious recipe to serve for the holidays or just want to do something different with pork, I’d highly suggest giving this recipe a try. It got two BIG thumbs up from everyone!
LOVE THESE CREAMY LEMON THYME PORK CHOPS? HERE ARE SOME MORE AMAZING PORK RECIPES:
- Brown Sugar and Dijon Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Crazy Delicious Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
- Sweet and Sour Pork
Creamy Lemon Thyme Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt - divided
- ¾ tsp pepper - divided
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp parsley - *optional
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 4 pork chops - bone-in or boneless
- 5 T unsalted butter
- ⅓ c white wine - or chicken broth
- ¼ c fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- In a glass dish, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, and cayenne. Dredge pork chops in mixture, remove any excess.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter and melt. Brown pork chops well on both sides, about 4-6 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a lined baking sheet. Place in the oven to bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes (or until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees).
- Using the same skillet, set over medium heat. Add the wine, and whisk, scraping up any browned bits. Allow to reduce by half.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and thyme, whisk to combine. Add the heavy cream and remaining butter. Bring to a gentle simmer, and cook until slightly thickened.
- Return the pork chops to the pan, allow to cook for 5 minutes, spooning the sauce over top. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve with remaining sauce.