Crushed Pineapple Cupcakes
1¼ c. all-purpose flour
¾ c. sugar
2 tbsp. brown sugar
½ c. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 egg + 1 egg white
6 tbsp. sour cream
¾ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
¾ tsp. vanilla
1 c. (8 oz. can) crushed pineapple, pureed
2 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. butter, room temperature
6 tbsp. Philadelphia Pineapple Cream Cheese, room temperature
1 tsp. heavy cream
½ tsp. vanilla
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line one standard size muffin tin with liners, set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, sour cream and sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, mix just until incorporated.
3. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With mixing speed on low, gradually add dry ingredients, mix until combined.
4. Remove bowl from stand and fold in crushed pineapple. Scoop into liners and fill each ¾ of the way full. Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden in color. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, to prepare the buttercream, in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, cream cheese, vanilla and salt. With mixing speed on low, add powdered sugar. Add heavy cream and beat for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Frost as desired.
Adapted from Glorious Treats, Pina Colada Cupcakes | Makes approximately 12 standard size cupcakes