These decadent dark chocolate monster cookies are full of chocolate peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips
If you know me, you know these cookies are right up my alley! They’re extra soft, and LOADED with chocolate, peanut butter, oats and M&Ms. All of my faves crammed into one amazing cookie!! Plus they’re a breeze to make, so you can whip them up on a whim, just like I did.
To start you’ll want to grab a jar of the Peanut Butter & Co.’s Dark Chocolate Dreams. It’s a blend of rich dark chocolate and creamy peanut butter, and let me tell you, it’s delicious on its own or baked into treats! We kind of love it sandwiched between pretzels or spread over graham crackers. I mean, that’s how the kiddos love it 😉
I definitely prefer using a chocolate peanut butter blend for this recipe because it adds an even more intense chocolate flavor to these cookies, however, if you’re in a pinch you can swap it out for regular peanut butter or your favorite chocolate nut butter. Chill the dough for extra thick cookies and bake them for 11 minutes for crisp exteriors and soft interiors.
Keep a glass of milk close by, because you’ll definitely want it. These dark chocolate monster cookies are the perfect treat for those of you who LOVE chocolate & peanut butter as much as I do!! Enjoy!
ENTER TO WIN A JAR OF DARK CHOCOLATE DREAMS!!
Dark Chocolate Monster Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1/2 cup chocolate peanut butter - Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams, or any other chocolate nut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar - packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk -
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher sea salt
- 3/4 cup M&Ms
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips - OR bittersweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, peanut butter, sugars and vanilla extract. Add the egg and egg yolk, mix just until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until a soft dough forms. Fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Place the dough in an air-tight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees, line baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats. Using a standard size cookie scoop (#40 or 1.5 tbsp.) scoop balls of dough and place onto prepared sheets. Place in the oven and bake for 9-11 minutes, taking care not to over-bake. The cookies will look soft, but allow them to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
I’m partnering with Peanut Butter & Co. to bring you today’s recipe. I received this product for review, all opinions are my own. Thank you for helping me work with brands I love!