I came across this recipe one afternoon and immediately knew I had to make it. Something about baked s’mores just intrigued me. Also s’mores bring back a lot of good memories for me… like bonfires in the canyon with roommates and friends. So I made a few alterations to the original recipe and voilà!
Graham Cracker S'mores Bars Recipe
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Herhsey's bars - broken into squares
- 2 sleeves honey graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a standard size baking sheet (with sides) with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), cream the butter and sugars for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, beat until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. With mixing speed on low, gradually add the dry ingredients. Fold in 1 cup of mini marshmallows, the chocolate chips, and the mini chocolate chips.
- Take the graham crackers and lay out on the sheet until it's completely full (they should cover the entire sheet and cookies should be tight and touching- see picture above).
- Using a standard cookie scoop, place one ball of dough onto each cracker. Use any remaining dough to fill in the gaps. It may look like a lot of dough, but it all needs to run together in order to cover the entire sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 6-7 minutes, then remove and press Hershey's bar pieces into top along with remaining 1/4 c. marshmallows (just fill in the gaps with them a little). Return to the oven and bake for an additional 6-7 minutes or until dough and marshmallows being to brow. Remove from oven and place sheet on a wire rack to cool. Once it is sufficiently cooled (20 minutes or so) place into refrigerator to solidify. Remove after an additional 20 minutes and cut into squares.
Please note that the recipe and pictures from this post have been updated.