Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders are perfect for game day or any day! They are full of flavor and topped with a tangy homemade coleslaw.
Tasty weeknight meal!
This is a super easy main dish recipe that I love for 3 reasons:
- The instant pot pretty much does all the work. Hello easy weeknight meal!
- It’s naturally diary free – no weird ingredients or substitutions. It’s just the way it is!
- It has BIG flavor that just can’t be beat.
I’m telling you, this is one you’ll want to add to the meal rotation on a regular basis, because it’s just that good. Practically effortless, suitable for dairy-free dietary needs, and it’s delicious. Even the kids enjoy when I make this for dinner (as long as it’s not too spicy). 😉
Making Buffalo Sliders
CHICKEN. While the buns were rising I grabbed my Instant Pot and added the ingredients for the chicken: chicken thighs, buffalo sauce, celery salt, ground black pepper. The buffalo chicken takes about 35 minutes start to finish. While it’s magically tenderizing in the IP, start the slaw.
Note. If you plan on serving these to kids (or people that dislike spicy food), make sure to grab the original buffalo sauce and NOT the hot buffalo sauce. There is a difference, trust me!
COLESLAW. Slice up a half of a head of green cabbage along with some carrot and red onion, then add some mayo, vinegar, sugar, celery salt, and pepper. Toss it together and it’s done. Let it rest in the refrigerator while you’re waiting for the chicken to finish.
SHRED. Manually release the pressure, add some more sauce, then shred the chicken with two forks. I do it right in the Instant Pot!
SERVE! Top each bun with a big saucy pile of buffalo chicken and a spoonful of homemade coleslaw. Serve these sliders up with your favorite side: mac and cheese, baked beans and sweet potato fries are a few of ours.
These Instant Pot buffalo chicken sliders are a total crowd pleaser. They’re perfect for entertaining or for a busy weeknight!
Tips + Serving Suggestions
If using frozen chicken breasts for this recipe you will need to add extra cook time. I would start with 30 minutes if you are using frozen chicken.
Recipes for leftover buffalo chicken:
Making Ahead + Storing
Make the coleslaw ahead of time and keep it stored in the fridge until you’re going to make the buffalo chicken.
STORE leftover chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Reheat individual servings in the microwave or larger servings in the crockpot.
To FREEZE, let the chicken cool completely and place it in a freezer safe bag for up to 4 months. Let it thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat until warmed throughout.
For more Buffalo Chicken check out:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Hot Wings
- 30 Minute Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Muffins
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
For the chicken:
- 1 – 1 ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 c. buffalo sauce - original, medium or hot
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
For the coleslaw:
- ½ head of green cabbage
- ¼ red onion - thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot - julienned
- ½ c. mayonnaise - more to taste
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot. Top chicken with ⅓ cup of buffalo sauce, celery salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and press MANUAL mode with HIGH pressure for 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the coleslaw, in a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss until evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- After the chicken has fully cooked, carefully turn the steam release vent (I always do this with a long oven mitt on) and let the pressure come down manually. Once the valve pops, remove the lid.
- Drain all but ½ cup of the liquid. Using two forks, shred the chicken (keeping larger chunks intact) and toss with remaining buffalo sauce.
- Pile buffalo chicken on each bun, then top with coleslaw (and blue cheese, if desired). Serve immediately.