Instant Pot Spaghetti
Easy, effortless and almost mess-free! This Instant Pot spaghetti is made in one pot in just 30 minutes. It’s a delicious meal the entire family will love.
Spaghetti in Instant Pot
How to Make IP Spaghetti
Brown your meat, onions and other veggies and then combine water, sauce and tomato paste. Once it is all mixed together add in the noodles!
The danger with making pasta in the IP is that the pasta gets stuck together and gets all gummy and gross. So layering the sauce in between the pasta layers prevents this.
In our recipe, this is done by submerging ½ the noodles underneath the sauce and having the other layer more above the sauce.
Once the pressure has released, open the lid, stir in some parmesan cheese and then let the pasta sit for 2 minutes. This will allow the pasta to finish cooking and absorb a little more liquid.
Serve immediately. Letting it sit for too long will make the pasta swell.
Additions, Storing Tips + Side Ideas
So if you are feeling extra tired or busy and need a delicious yet super simple meal, make sure to give this Instant Pot Spaghetti a try!! I am sure you will love how quick and easy it is!
For more recipes, check out:
- Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Easy Italian Meatballs
- Spaghetti Casserole
- Stuffed Pepper Spaghetti Bake
Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion - diced
- 6 cremini mushrooms - diced(optional)
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cup low-sodium chicken broth - or water
- 5 cup spaghetti sauce - 40 oz
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 12 oz thin spaghetti - broken in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese - divided
- basil or parsley - freshly chopped(optional)
- Turn Instant Pot on to SAUTE. Once hot, add olive oil and saute onion, mushroom and garlic for 2 minutes. Add beef and break into chunks. Let beef sit for 2 minutes, stir, repeat twice.
- Pour in water or broth, spaghetti sauce, and tomato paste, stir to combine. Sink half of the noodles in the sauce, then lay the remaining noodles over top, making sure they are submerged.
- Place lid on, and turn Instant Pot on MANUAL mode with high pressure selected for 8 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow for the pressure to release manually by switching the valve to venting, this usually takes 5 minutes.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, then let rest for two minutes (this will allow some of that extra liquid to soak in).
- Serve with remaining parmesan and a sprinkle of fresh herbs, if desired.