Lucky Charms bars
These ooey gooey Lucky Charms bars are a quick and easy treat that the whole family will love! Plus they’re perfect for St. Patrick’s day! ????????⭐️????
Rice Krispie treat lovers rejoice! You’re favorite treat just got 100x better. These homemade bars are a fun twist on a childhood classic. They’re made with a combo of Rice Krispies and Lucky charms, butter, a handful of extra marshmallows, a pinch of sea salt and a splash of vanilla. Start-to-finish they’re ready to munch on in less than 20 minutes. ????
All you need is a large stockpot to melt the butter and marshmallows in, a sturdy spatula and a 9×9-inch baking pan.
When everything is evenly coated, press the mixture into the prepared pan. These bars are extra thick, so don’t be alarmed when the come to the very brim of the pan! ????
Pop them in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up, then cut them and enjoy! I hope you’ll give these sweet, crunchy treats a try, they’re such a festive, kid-friendly recipe! P.S. You can cut them up and give them as gifts in individual bags. Just print out the handy dandy bag topper below.
Lucky Charms Bars Recipe
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 5 cup miniature marshmallows - approximately 1 - 10 oz. bag
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup rice krispies cereal
- 4 cup Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Prepare a 9x9-inch baking pan by buttering the bottom and sides; set aside.
- In a large non-stick pot set over medium-low heat, combine the butter, 5 cups mini marshmallows, and salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir continuously until the mixture becomes smooth and shiny.
- Remove from heat, mix in vanilla, cereal and remaining marshmallows (they will melt slightly, that's ok). Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press with the spatula to create an even layer.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.