After a few days of unpacking and cleaning, things are finally looking and feeling like home. We invited Stephen’s brother over for dinner this past Sunday to enjoy our new space with us. I asked him what he’d like for dessert and he said something involving either ice cream or apple pie. So I broke out my Breville mini pie maker and went to work. I was a little unsure about how to make the filling tender, so I precooked it for 10-15 minutes until the apples began to soften. I scooped the filling inside, cooked the pies for about 10 minutes and they were ready to eat! These little guys are simple, delicious and absolutely perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Mini Apple Pie A La Mode Recipe
These little handheld apple pies are easy to make with the Breville Mini Pie Maker!Pin Rate
- 1 package (2 rounds) Pilsbury pre-made pie crust
- 2 large Granny Smith apples - peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- In a large skillet over low heat, melt butter. Add apples and cook for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle corn starch over top. Turn heat up to med-low. Add cream, milk, vanilla and sugars. Cook for 3-4 minutes until mixture begins to thicken.
- Once mixture has thickened, add spices. Keep mixture over low heat while preparing pie crust.
- Cut out shapes (4 tops, 4 bottoms). Place bottoms into heated pie maker. Press. Scoop ⅓ c. of mixture into each well. Place a top on each, close and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from pie maker and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 697kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 514mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 481IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg