This thick and rich Mint Cookies and Cream Fudge is studded with chunks of mint creme Oreos. It’s a cinch to make and tastes oh so good!
Confession time: I’m a total newbie when it comes to making fudge. My husband’s family makes it every year for Christmas so a few years ago I finally took the plunge and decided it was time to give it a try. It was terrifying!! Ok, my first two batches were perfect (one was chocolate pecan and the other was chocolate peanut butter), but the next few were flops and I had no idea why. I finally figured it out. Here in Utah the fudge only needs 3 minutes to boil compared to the 5 in Florida. Ever since that discovery I’ve been making all sorts of yummy kinds. Note to self: next time I need to snap a few pictures before we eat it all! Oops.
This time though I made sure to make the fudge while the kiddos were asleep and the hubby was at work. That way I could share this creamy, minty goodness with you all. I’m totally a sucker for the cookies & cream combo (if you’ve taken a peek at my recipe index you’ll find a few yummy treats made with Oreos), especially when mint is involved!
I thought this would be the perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day ???? (or even Christmas if you swapped the mint for peppermint). It’s tinted ever so slightly with a teeny tiny drop of food coloring… the rest of the from the creme in the cookies.
For this recipe you’ll need: granulated sugar, salt, butter, marshmallow fluff, white chocolate chips (high quality is preferred), green food coloring, vanilla extract, mint extract, and mint creme Oreos. The method isn’t overly complicated, it’s just a matter of stirring and watching the mixture as it boils, then stirring everything together and chilling it. Cut it up into as many or as few pieces as you’d like and enjoy with a glass of milk.
I hope you’ll love this mint cookies & cream fudge as much as our family did. It’s sweet, minty and loaded with crunchy bits of Oreo cookies. It’s a match made in heaven.
Mint Cookies & Cream Fudge Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (5 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow fluff - a small jar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag white chocolate chips*
- 1 drop green food coloring - optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp mint extract**
- 18 oreos - mint creme oreos, chopped
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, lightly butter the lining, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, add the sugar, evaporated milk, marshmallow fluff, butter and salt, whisk to combine. Bring to a low boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes, whisking constantly until the sugar has dissolved (SEE NOTES).
- When the mixture is smooth and is slightly darker in color, remove from the heat and whisk in the white chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Add food coloring, vanilla and mint extract, then all but ⅓ cup of the chopped Oreos. Stir until combined, then pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining Oreos on top and gently press in. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before cutting and serving. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
**My mint extract is a combo of spearmint and peppermint.
-Because I live in Utah, I only have to boil the mixture for 3 minutes compared to the 5 minutes we do in Florida.
-If you can find mint creme Oreos, you can use regular ones and use a half or ¾ tsp. of mint extract instead.
-Try using peppermint extract and peppermint Oreos for a holiday twist!
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT these NEW OREO DESSERTS:
- Fried Oreos– Ashlee Marie
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats – Creations by Kara
- Oreo Buttercream Frosting – Real Mom Kitchen
- Cookies & Cream Poke Cake – Butter With A Side of Bread
- Oreo Brownies with Cookie Dough Frosting – The Stay At Home Chef
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies – The Baker Upstairs
- Thin Mint Oreo Pops – Like Mother Like Daughter