Creamy and rich no-bake peanut butter pie has a nutter butter crust, peanut butter filling, and nutty topping. It’s perfect for any time of the year!
easy no bake peanut butter pie
Raise your hand if you LOVE peanut butter!? Good, me too!! This no-bake peanut butter pie is a peanut butter lover’s dream. It has a thick, buttery Nutter Butter crust, a thick peanut butter filling, and a crumbly, crunchy peanut topping.
The first time I made this pie I was smitten. Peanut butter desserts have always been my kryptonite. If you’ve been following along for some time know you’ve probably noticed I make a lot of them! The Best Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Buckeyes, and Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies to name a few.
This past summer I needed to bring a dessert to a function and this is what I ended up taking. It disappeared in minutes.
how to make Peanut Butter Pie
CRUST. To start, you’ll make the crust in a food processor or a large ziploc bag. It takes all of 5 minutes. Everything gets mashed together until fine crumbs form. Press the crust into a deep 9-inch pie dish, then freeze for 30 minutes.
FILLING. While the pie crust is firming up, you’ll want to make the filling. It’s super easy too! Start by beating the peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy, then add the powdered sugar and mix.
Pour the heavy cream and vanilla into a large mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. We’re basically making homemade Cool Whip. Fold the into the peanut butter mixture (or gently mix in) until everything is combined. You shouldn’t see any streaks.
PREPARE. Pour the filling into the cold crust and spread into an even layer. I find an offset spatula works best.
TOPPINGS. Now comes the fun part. You can top this pie with just about anything. I went with leftover crumbs and chopped peanuts. But some other options include:
- Chopped peanut butter cups
- A layer of whipped cream
- A layer of ganache or hot fudge
- Reese’s Pieces candys
- Chocolate curls
- All of the above
It really is up to you. The great thing about this pie is that you can make all sorts of variations!
CHILL. Just make sure to let it chill sufficiently before slicing and serving. A minimum of 2 hours is recommended. I personally prefer to leave mine overnight.
Keep a glass of milk nearby, because after taking one bite of this no-bake peanut butter pie, you’re gonna need it!
Tips + Variations
To get the best texture you are going to want to make sure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature before you incorporate them. When mixing in the whipped cream you are going to want to gently fold the mixture in without crushing all of the air out of the whipped cream.
- Use a premade graham cracker or Oreo crust.
- Use cool whip instead of making your own whipped cream
- Peanut butter: For the desired texture we recommend only using normal creamy peanut butter. Crunchy peanut butter will make a strange pie texture and natural peanut butter will mess with the overall structure of the pie filling.
STORE this pie tightly covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
To FREEZE this pie you will want to cover it tightly with plastic wrap, in multiple layers, before placing it in the freezer. To avoid freezer burn I recommend not keeping it in the freezer for longer than 3 weeks.
Let the pie sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before slicing it.
FOR MORE NO-BAKE PIES, TRY THESE:
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
For the crust:
- 16 oz. Nutter Butter cookies - divided
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter - melted
- 1/8 tsp. coarse kosher sea salt
For the filling:
- 1 1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz. 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the topping:
- Whipped cream
- Reserved crushed nutter butters
- Chopped roasted peanuts
- Melted peanut butter - caramel sauce or hot fudge sauce
- In a food processor (or a large ziploc bag with a rolling pin) crush Nutter Butter cookies (filling intact) until fine crumbs form. Add butter and salt, pulse or mix to combine. Remove ½ cup and set aside.
- Press moistened crumbs into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish. Freeze for 30 minutes while preparing the filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, beat peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth, about 2 minutes. With mixing speed on low, gradually add the powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form. Gently mix into the peanut butter cream cheese mixture until no streaks remain.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust and spread into a smooth, even layer. Top with reserved crumbs, chopped peanuts and whipped cream, if desired. Chill for at least two hours, or overnight.
- Slice and serve with a melted peanut butter, caramel, or hot fudge drizzle.