No-Bake Strawberry Topped Cheesecake
This light and creamy cheesecake doesn’t require any baking, just whip it up and chill it in the refrigerator!
Since the summer heat is full blast here in Utah, I decided it was time to turn off the oven and whip up something cold and delicious that didn’t require ANY baking! This cheesecake is light, creamy and perfect for those hot hot days! Top it with fresh berries and it’s good to go!
Making this cheesecake couldn’t be easier. The crust is just a few simple ingredients that get pressed into a springform pan (or pie dish) and then chilled until firm.
For the filling you’ll want to soften three blocks of cream cheese along with some sour cream. In a stand mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, then add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and the sour cream. Beat in the gelatin mixture (it’s what gives this cheesecake a firm texture as if it was baked), then fold in some freshly whipped cream (or cool whip). Carefully spread the filling into the crust. Chill the cheesecake for at least four hours, then slice it and serve it!
No matter how you top it, this easy no-bake cheesecake is sure to be a hit! It’s absolutely perfect for summertime!
No-Bake Strawberry Topped Cheesecake Recipe
For the Crust
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs - (about 16 sheets of graham crackers)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 9 tbsp unsalted butter - melted
For the Filling
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 2 1/4 tsp powdered gelatin
- 3 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup +2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream - room temperature
- 1 cup +2 tbsp heavy cream
- To make the crust, in a medium size mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and salt. Pour the melted butter over top and stir until a soft wet mixture forms. Firmly press into a standard size pie plate or a 9-inch springform pan. Place in the freezer to chill while preparing the filling.
- In a small microwave-safe mixing bowl, whisk together the water and gelatin. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl) beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar, salt, vanilla and sour cream, beat just until combined.
- Place the gelatin mixture in microwave and heat for 25 seconds on HIGH. Remove and whisk for 1 minute. Allow to cool for 2 minutes, then with mixing speed on low, slowly add the gelatin to the cream cheese, mixing until combined.
- Using a hand mixer (or if you have another bowl for your mixer, use that), in a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped cream into the mixture. The whipped cream will loosen the filling up a bit and make it slightly more spreadable.
- Carefully spread the filling into the chilled crust. Spread into a smooth, even layer then chill for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving, I prefer overnight.