Super moist peanut butter banana cookies are filled with pops of chocolate chips and only take 15 minutes to make!!
With go to peanut butter recipes like Peanut butter buckeyes, No bake peanut butter pie, and Peanut butter energy balls you can tell we’re fans. These peanut butter banana cookies add an unexpectedly tasty twist!
Peanut Butter + Chocolate = yum!!
If you haven’t you’ve been missing out!! It’s SO good. The banana adds a bit of more tame sweetness and really balances the PB and chocolate.
These peanut butter banana cookies take all three yummy flavors and marry them together perfectly. What more could you want in a cookie? They are soft and chewy like a moist banana cookie with pops of chocolate. YUM!!!
Sometimes we throw in some chocolate chips into our banana bread, so this just seemed to fit nicely. It’s nice to have another tasty recipe in my box of ways to use up those ripe bananas, and bonus-these only take 15 minutes to make!! Just grab a glass of milk and enjoy!
Easy PB Banana Cookies
PREP. Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with a parchment or silicone liner.
MIX. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter until well blended. Add the egg, banana, and vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add the instant oatmeal, flour, and ½ cup chocolate chips, and mix until combined.
BAKE. Scoop the dough out by large spoonful’s onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. Press the remaining chocolate chips onto the top of the cookies immediately after baking. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Best flavor of chocolate chips: Use your favorite type of chocolate, but typically dark chocolate chips balance the sweetness of the bananas and peanut butter.
Use natural peanut butter/other types of nut butters: Using natural peanut butters or other nut butter could mess up the overall texture of the cookie dough.
How to get the best texture:
- Cookies that use mashed bananas as naturally more moist and soft than other cookies.
- You’ll want to remove the cookies from the oven right as the edges turn golden brown.
- A safe bet to get a chewy texture would be to change the brown sugar and white sugar ratio. Up the brown sugar and lower the amount of white sugar.
STORE cookies stored in an airtight container in the fridge or on the counter for up to a week. If you are worried about the cookies sticking together consider layering them between pieces of parchment paper.
- Cookie dough: Roll the cookie dough into balls and lay them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and flash freeze them 3 hours or so until they are solid. Once they have solidified then they are ready to be put in a freezer safe container or bag for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen and add a few extra minutes to the bake time.
- Baked cookies: You can let the cookies cool completely and then layer them between pieces of parchment paper in an airtight container/bag. Baked cookies only last for about a month in the freezer. Let the cookies reach room temperature before eating them!
Make and chill this dough covered 24 hours ahead of time. If you have ripe bananas I would peel them and freeze them in freezer safe bags ahead of time. They will last up to a year and would be great to have on hand for recipes like this one!
For more cookie recipes try:
- Fudgy Brownie Cookies
- Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Perfect Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Carmelita Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Banana Cookies Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 medium ripe banana - mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup instant oatmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips - divided
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with a parchment or silicone liner.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter until well blended. Add the egg, banana, and vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add the instant oatmeal, flour, and ½ cup chocolate chips, and mix until combined.
- Scoop the dough out by large spoonful's onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. Press the remaining chocolate chips onto the top of the cookies immediately after baking. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.