These thick and chewy Reese’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are topped with a swirl of chocolate and peanut butter and studded with chunks of peanut butter cups. They’re a peanut butter lover’s dream!
Sooo… I know I’ve been posting lighter and healthier recipes, but I totally had to share these Reese’s peanut butter oatmeal bars. Yes they’re incredibly rich and decadent, but hey, they’ve got oats and peanut butter, which means protein, right? 😉 Ok, so these aren’t diet friendly, but with that crazy chocolate peanut butter swirl how can you resist?!
I know I wasn’t able to. I’m ashamed to admit how many of these I scarfed down while photographing them… way too many! Anyway, I’ve affectionately named these bars “the money makers.” When I was growing up my mom would make these (sans the peanut butter cups on top) for fundraisers and they were always a hit! I remember we’d always sneak a few of the extras she left behind, we were smitten! Now I’ve added my own little touch to them, I love how the chunks of cups add a little extra texture to them, and who doesn’t love more peanut butter? Obsessed much? Yes.
These bars are so easy to make. Whip up the dough, press it in a foil-lined pan, toss it in the oven and 25 minutes later they’re done! When they come out of the oven sprinkle some chocolate chips over the top, pour on some peanut butter icing, swirl and then add the chopped peanut butter cups. As soon as they’re set, cut and enjoy!
I guarantee that you’ll fall in love with these bars, I know we sure have! They’ve got oats, peanut butter and chocolate, how could you not?! Next time you’re in the mood for something decadent, I hope you’ll give these a try!
Reese's Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar - packed
- 1 cup peanut butter - creamy or chunky
- 3/4 cup (1 ½ sticks) butter - room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
Peanut Butter Topping
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- 5 Reese's peanut butter cups - chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease (or cover with parchment) a 9X13 baking pan, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the sugars, butter and peanut butter for 1 minute. Turn speed to low and add one egg at a time. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking soda and salt. With mixing speed on low, gradually add the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour dough into the prepared pan and pat down until an even layer is formed. Place in the oven and bake for 22-28 minutes, or until the top begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size mixing bowl, combine all of the topping ingredients. Using a hand mixer, beat until smooth (it should be a spreadable consistency, but will it will also melt and get shiny on contact). Set aside until needed.
- Remove bars from oven and place pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top, then pour on the topping, swirl and spread into an even layer. Top with chunks of peanut butter cups, pressing them in to the topping. Allow to cool for 30 minutes (or refrigerate until the topping is solid) before cutting into bars.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple