Rich Fudgy Flourless Brownies
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped*
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan with foil (prefer a metal one), then lightly spray or butter, set aside.
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar. Once the sugar is incorporated, add the chopped chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat beat for 2 minutes with a hand mixer or whisk. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract.
- Using a mesh sieve (or a sifter), sift the cocoa powder and cornstarch into the saucepan, then add the salt. Stir together, then beat the batter vigorously for 1-2 minutes. I like to use a hand mixer for this on a medium speed. Beat until the batter is smooth and shiny.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 22-30 minutes or until the brownies are set in the center, taking care not to over-bake. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 45 minutes before removing and slicing.
-Fruit, nuts, chocolate chips/chunks, a sprinkle of sea salt, or a swirl of dulce de leche all make great additions to these brownies!
Recipe source: adapted from David Lebovitz