Thick, chewy, warm & gooey. Grab a glass of milk because you’re gonna need one! These flourless oatmeal chocolate chip cookies will keep you coming back for more, and more… and more!
A few weeks ago I posted a picture on Instagram of my 2nd failed batch of flourless oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I also promised to post the perfected recipe. Today I’m finally sharing it!!
These cookies are super easy to make, and you don’t need any kind of nut butter or special flour.
They only take a few minutes to whip up and can go straight into the oven- no chill time. I loaded mine up with lots of semisweet chocolate chips, but feel free to get creative and use raisins, coconut, chopped nuts or whatever else you might like!
Bake them for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees and let them sit on the pans for 5 minutes before enjoying. We ate ours while they were still warm and gooey with a big glass of milk… they were divine! I’ve made 3 batches of these now, and I don’t want to stop. I’ll warn you now, they’re incredibly addictive! Happy baking!! ????
Flourless Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/4 cup old fashioned oats - divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - room temperature
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips - OR bittersweet chocolate OR chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment or a baking mat, set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add 1¼ cup of the oats, cornstarch, baking powder and salt, pulse until the oats are finely ground but not completely powdered.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla, mixing until combined. With mixing speed on low, gradually add the oat mixture and the remaining oats, mix just until combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop, place dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. DO NOT OVER-BAKE. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire racks to cool completely.