Nutella Cheesecake Brownies
These Nutella cheesecake brownies are the ultimate decadent dessert! They’ve got a rich brownie base, a thick layer of swirled nutella cheesecake, and are studded with chunks of Ferrero Rocher. They’re a Nutella lover’s dream!
It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with Nutella. So much so that I think it now ranks above peanut butter. ???? And that’s coming from someone who LOVES peanut butter. I decided to whip up a dessert that really lets it shine… these Nutella cheesecake brownies.
They start with a rich, chocolate brownie base. It’s easy to whip up in a stand mixer, with a hand mixer or even by hand.
Then there’s a layer of halved Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Just press them into the batter and bake the brownies for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix up the Nutella cheesecake filling.
Pour over the warm brownie batter and swirl in some Nutella. Press in a few more halved chocolates and then return to the oven to bake until set. Allow the brownies to cool at room temperature and the refrigerate for 1-2 hours. The colder they are the easier they are to cut… and IMHO, the better they taste. ????
Enjoy with a big glass of milk!! Share a few with your friends and they’ll love you forever! Happy World Nutella Day- go eat some ASAP!
Nutella Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
- 6 tbsp (3/4 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate - melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 6 oz cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup nutella
- 3 tbsp nutella - warmed
- 20 Ferrero Rocher chocolates - halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil or parchment so that there is enough to pull the brownies out once they are done. Butter or spray lightly with baking spray; set aside.
- Over a double broiler, melt butter, sugar and chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Let mixture cool on counter for 5 minutes. Pour into a large ming bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Add eggs and vanilla, using a electric hand mixer, mix until incorporated.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. With mixing speed on low, gradually add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan, place the halved chocolates on top (no specific amount, just however many you think) and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer) whisk together granulated sugar and flour. Add in cream cheese and using an electric hand mixer, beat until smooth. Add the egg, cream, sour cream and vanilla, mix just until combined, then add the Nutella and mix just until combined. Tap bowl forcefully against countertop to release some of the air bubbles.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and reduce the heat to 325 degrees. Pour the cheesecake filling over the warm brownies, swirl with the warmed Nutella and dot with the halved chocolates. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes or until the cheesecake is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 45 minutes before chilling in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. When ready to serve, remove from pan using the foil overhang. Peel the foil or parchment from the brownies, cut and serve.