Strawberry Yogurt Pancakes
You’re going fall in love with these strawberry yogurt pancakes. They’re thick, fluffy, and studded with sweet strawberries. Plus they’re packed with a little extra protein. These golden beauties are unbelievably delicious!! ????????
I’ve always been a fan of using yogurt in recipes like cupcakes, muffins and sweet breads, but I’ve never thought of using it in pancakes until now! I’ve made these pancakes with both regular yogurt and Greek yogurt- they’re both so yummy! If you’re not a big fan of the tanginess of Greek yogurt then I’d definitely suggest using the regular stuff ☺️
We used vanilla flavored yogurt for an extra flavor boost and chopped up lots of fresh strawberries. They added a ton of natural sweetness to the pancakes, which meant I didn’t have to add a lot of sugar.
I tried to keep these on the healthier side. Not that pancakes are healthy, but when your toddler insists on eating them on a daily basis, you’ve gotta figure out a way to make them a tad bit more nutritious (see my whole wheat banana pancake recipe for another wholesome idea). That meant using a blend of white and whole wheat flour and only adding 1 tbsp. of sugar to them. He didn’t seem to mind!
After mixing up the batter I let it sit for a few minutes to thicken up. I scooped 1/3 cup of batter and poured it into a non-stick pan set over medium heat. You can lightly butter your pan or make them without any additional oil. Turn after 2-3 minutes and cook for 2 minutes more.
Enjoy a tall stack of these golden beauties topped with lots of sliced strawberries. You won’t even need to pour syrup over top!! They’re light, fluffy and studded with sweet berries. I hope you’ll enjoy these as much as we do!
Strawberry Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tbsp sugar - more if you like sweeter pancakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter - melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt - OR plain OR Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries - chopped
- Set a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, melted butter, vanilla, yogurt and milk. Slowly whisk into the dry ingredients. Fold in the strawberries and mix until a few lumps are left.
- Lightly butter the pan if desired, pour 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake (I can usually do 3 at a time). Cook for 2-3 minutes or until edges begin to peel up and the bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes. Flip and allow to cook for 1-2 additional minutes. Remove and repeat with remaining batter.
-For added flavor try adding fresh blueberries or a bit of lemon zest