Make dinner a breeze with this quick and flavorful vegetable ramen stir fry! It’s ready to go in just 25 minutes and great with any Asian dish!
Kid-Friendly Stir Fry
I’m back with another quick, easy and super flavorful dish. Today’s recipe is a mash-up of ramen, stir fry and chow mien… and it’s absolutely delicious.
It’s a great one to make when you feel like cleaning out your veggie drawer too!! Did I mention it’s kid-friendly? Yesss! My kids gobble this stuff up, and because they love the noodles so much, they don’t pay too much attention to all the veggies mixed in.
We’ve added chicken and beef strips to this recipe to make it a dinner, but we mostly make it as a side for some of our classic Asian recipes.
What You’ll Need
For this recipe you’ll need ramen noodles (yes, those packages of dry, hard, rectangular-shaped noodles we all ate when we were kids) OR fresh yakisoba noodles. It’s up to you.
You’ll also need a handful of veggies (some of our favs include: mushrooms, peppers, carrots, onions, snow peas and cabbage) and some Asian sauces like: soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. I always have those on hand (we cook a lot of Asian-inspired meals at home) and so should you. They’ve become pantry staples!
The last thing you’ll need is a large skillet. While you saute the veggies you’ll want to partially cook the noodles and then toss them in at the end with the sauce. It’s a super simple, no fuss recipe. And I love that!
Variations + Storing
If you want to bulk things up a bit or add in PROTEIN, feel free to cook some chicken, pork, beef or shrimp before you add in the veggies. Depending on the meat of choice, your cooking time will vary so be sure to check the internal temp of the meat to make sure it’s done.
Instead of making your own homemade sauce like we did, you can also use ⅛ cup of your favorite homemade sauce in case you’re in a pinch.
For leftovers, STORE in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Our family loves this dish and I hope yours will too! With a bit of added protein it can easily be a meal or it can be made as-is or served alongside some of our favorites including:
Ramen Stir Fry Recipe
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 shitake mushrooms - fresh, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 red bell pepper - julienned
- 1 medium carrot - julienned
- 1/2 yellow onion - sliced
- 2 packages instant noodles
- 1/2 small cabbage - chopped
- 1 cup snow peas - halved
- 3 green onions - chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic, bell pepper, carrot and onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Place the noodles in the boiling water, cook for a few minutes, they do not need to be fully cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Add the cabbage, snow peas, green onions and saute for 2 minutes, then pour in the wine.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, sesame and black pepper. Add the noodles. Pour the sauce into the skillet, toss together and cook for an additional minute or two. Serve hot, garnish with sesame seeds if desired.