Lucky Charms bars
These ooey gooey Lucky Charms bars are a quick and easy treat that the whole family will love! Plus they’re perfect for St. Patrick’s day! ????????⭐️????
Rice Krispie treat lovers rejoice! You’re favorite treat just got 100x better. These homemade bars are a fun twist on a childhood classic. They’re made with a combo of Rice Krispies and Lucky charms, butter, a handful of extra marshmallows, a pinch of sea salt and a splash of vanilla. Start-to-finish they’re ready to munch on in less than 20 minutes. ????
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 5 c. miniature marshmallows (approximately 1 - 10 oz. bag)
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- 4 c. Lucky Charms cereal
- 1½ c. miniature marshmallows
- Prepare a 9x9-inch baking pan by buttering the bottom and sides; set aside.
- In a large non-stick pot set over medium-low heat, combine the butter, 5 cups mini marshmallows, and salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir continuously until the mixture becomes smooth and shiny. Remove from heat, mix in vanilla, cereal and remaining marshmallows (they will melt slightly, that's ok). Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press with the spatula to create an even layer. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.
**Original pictures and recipe updated 3/10/2016**