S’mores Skillet Cookie Cake
Forgive me for posting a million pictures of this ooey gooey s’mores skillet cookie cake, but I couldn’t resist! This graham cookie is pressed into a cast iron skillet, studded with chocolate, marshmallows and chunks of graham cracker and topped with big ole toasty mallows. There’s a little bit of heaven in each bite :)
If you’ve glanced at my recipe index, you probably can tell that I LOVE s’mores. I love the combo of crisp graham crackers, toasty marshmallows and gooey chocolate… who doesn’t?! I went a little crazy last year and made 5 s’mores-inspired recipes. Needless to say, it was a good summer! This year I’ve been busy with a new baby so I haven’t had a lot of time to play around and develop new recipes. However, I did make this crazy skillet cookie and I just had to share it, because that’s what friends do, right?
I loved this browned butter skillet cookie so much that I really wanted to make a s’mores version. With a few adjustments here and there I was able to do just that. I broke out my cast iron skillet, whipped up some cinamon-graham dough and stirred in some chocolate chips/mini marshmallows. After pressing it into the pan I covered the top with more chocolate chips and mini marshmallows, chunks of graham cracker and two kinds of Hershey’s chocolate.
I tossed it into the oven and baked it for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Then I pulled it out and stuck some halved jumbo mallows to the top, returned it to the oven and let them get nice and puffy. Since I didn’t want the top of the cookie to burn, I removed it and torched the tops of the marshmallows just until they got a bit more crispy. That’s totally optional, it’ll taste just as good with golden brown tops!
As soon as the cookie had cooled/set up I couldn’t help but slice it up! The cookie itself was nice and firm (cooked throughout) and the chocolate and marshmallows on top were good and gooey- just the way I like it! This s’mores skillet cookie cake not only looked delicious but tasted amazing too! We served ours up to friends and family, they were all so impressed! If only they knew how easy it was to make!
Skip the campfire and make yourself this stunning s’mores skillet cookie cake! It’s perfect for family night or special occasions and goes perfectly with a big scoop of ice cream! Enjoy & happy baking!
- 12 tbsp. (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ¾ c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¾ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¾ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 c. mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 graham cracker sheet, broken into chunks
- 1 milk chocolate Hershey's bar, broken into individual bars
- ½ dark chocolate Hershey's bar, broken into individual bars
- 7-9 large marshmallows, cut in half (depending on the size of your skillet)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, add the melted butter sugars, egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Beat the mixture for 30 seconds, then let rest for 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients. Fold in the ½ c. + 2 tbsp. of the chocolate chips along with ½ c. of mini marshmallows.
- Press into a 10-12 inch cast iron skillet, creating an a slight mound in the center (this is because the edges tend to rise during the baking process). Top with remaining chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, graham cracker chunks and chocolate bar pieces.
- Place in oven and bake until the center is mostly set, about 18-20 minutes. Remove and place the halved marshmallows (cut/sticky side down) around the edges of the cookie, spacing about ¼" apart. Return to the oven and continue baking until the marshmallows turn golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple