Chicken Paprika Egg Noodle Casserole
You won’t be able to resist diving into a big bowl of this chicken paprika egg noodle casserole. It’s made with No Yolks®– they’re cholesterol free, smooth, firm and delicious! They always cook up right which means goodbye noodle mush, hello noodle perfection.
The noodles were still nice and tender yet firm, and the sauce was nice and thick. Our family fell in love with this warm & cozy dish. It’s filling, flavorful and comforting. It’s also on the lighter side, which is always a bonus. If you’re planning on serving this to a crowd, I’d use a large stockpot to make the base and then transfer it into a large casserole dish to bake. Everyone will love it! For more delicious egg noodle recipes, make sure to check out the No Yolks® recipe page. I can’t wait to try their Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole!
What’s your favorite comfort food?
Comment below to automatically be entered to win a $100 Visa Gift card!!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 c. sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 4 c. (32 oz.) low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley, divided
- ¼ tsp. minced fresh thyme*
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) bag No Yolks® Noodles
- ¼ c. half & half
- ½ c. low-fat sour cream
- 2 c. pulled rotisserie chicken
- ¼ c. grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot or Dutch-oven set over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms and brown, about 4-5 minutes. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic, saute for about 4 minutes. Sprinkle the paprika and toast until fragrant. Add the flour and cook until a thick paste forms, taking care not to burn. Slowly pour in the chicken broth and whisk until a slightly thick broth forms. Add the tomato sauce, tomato, bay leaf, half of the parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, add the noodles, cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook until the noodles are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, stir in the heavy cream, sour cream and chicken. Top with parmesan and place into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove and garnish with remaining parsley. Allow to rest for 8 minutes before serving.
You can use this coupon to get $1 off your next purchase 2 bags of No Yolks® Noodles.
Sweepstakes Entry Instructions:
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 2/22/16 – 3/27/16.