Gluten-Free Monster Cookies
- 2¼c. old-fashioned oats*
- ¼ c. quick cooking oats
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ c. (¾ of a stick) butter, room temperature
- ¾ c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ¾ tsp. vanilla
- ½ c. chocolate M&Ms
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- ½ c. peanut butter chips
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mats, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla. With mixing speed on low, add one egg at a time, mixing until incorporated.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine oats, baking soda and salt. Whisk together. With mixing speed on low, add dry ingredients, mix until combined. Remove bowl from stand and fold in M&Ms, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Place dough in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop cookies onto the prepared sheets using a standard size scoop, gently pat down to slightly flatten. Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes (they will look soft) before removing from oven. Allow to cool on sheets for 3 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
-Please make sure that your oats are gluten-free. Bob’s Red Mill Oats are gluten-free, Quaker Oats are not guaranteed to be gluten-free.
Recipe source: LMS family recipe adapted from The Amish Cook’s Baking Book