Gluten-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats *
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup (¾ stick) butter - room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocoalte M&Ms
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mats, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla. With mixing speed on low, add one egg at a time, mixing until incorporated.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine oats, baking soda and salt. Whisk together. With mixing speed on low, add dry ingredients, mix until combined. Remove bowl from stand and fold in M&Ms, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Place dough in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop cookies onto the prepared sheets using a standard size scoop, gently pat down to slightly flatten. Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes (they will look soft) before removing from oven. Allow to cool on sheets for 3 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe source: LMS family recipe adapted from The Amish Cook’s Baking Book