Strawberry Avocado & Spinach Salad
Nothing beats a fresh, crisp salad topped with slices of ripe strawberries and avocado. Let’s not forget to mention the bacon crumbles and cheese too! This beautiful side dish can easily transform into a filling meal with the addition of grilled chicken!
This past Mother’s Day I had everything prepped for dinner and right as I was going to put it all in the oven, our oven quit working. It wouldn’t heat past 200 degrees. That’s no good, especially when you’re trying to roast chicken along with a vegetable medley. It’s even worse when your dessert is cake. Sigh. So I tossed everything onto mini pans and threw it all in our Breville Smart Oven. Thank goodness for that thing.
Sometimes most of the time I use it anyway, just because it doesn’t heat the whole house and it tends to bake more evenly, but this time I desperately needed it!
The only thing not reliant on our oven that evening was this strawberry avocado & spinach salad. It was ready to go well before everything had finished in the oven, and was the perfect little appetizer. I decided that instead of spending time whipping up homemade dressing, I’d drizzle it with Brianna’s Rich Poppy Seed Dressing. Have you tried it?! It’s addictive, delicious and happened to pair perfectly with everything going on in this salad. I’d highly recommend picking up a bottle of it along with some of their other yummy dressings (seriously, they’re all incredibly good).
Everyone loved the salad- it was even a huge hit with our toddler! I think this is definitely going to be one of our summer staples, because it’s hard to not love this salad… it’s easy, filling and refreshing! P.S. I’ve made it a few times since and just can’t seem to get enough!
- 3 c. lightly packed spinach
- 3 c. lightly packed spring mix greens
- 1 avocado, sliced into chunks
- 5-6 medium size strawberries, sliced into chunks
- ¼ c. sliced almonds, toasted*
- 3 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- ⅓ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Dressing of your choice (I used Brianna's Rich Poppy Seed Dressing) but a vinaigrette would work too
- Add greens to a large mixing or serving bowl. Top with chunks of avocado and strawberry, toasted almonds, bacon crumbles and shredded mozzarella cheese. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
-PLEASE NOTE: the cook time is for the bacon and toasting of the almonds.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple