Light & refreshing strawberry avocado spinach salad is topped with mozzarella, toasted almonds, bacon crumbles for delicious crunch.
I love salad and tried a new favorite that the whole family loved!
I decided that instead of spending time whipping up homemade dressing, I’d drizzle it with Brianna’s Rich Poppy Seed Dressing. Have you tried it?! It’s addictive, delicious and happened to pair perfectly with everything going on in this salad.
Everyone loved the salad! I think this is definitely going to be one of our summer staples, because it’s hard to not love this salad… it’s easy, filling and refreshing!
P.S. I’ve made it a few times since and just can’t seem to get enough!
Just chop + mix!
It’s really JUST that simple!
GREENS. Add greens to a large mixing or serving bowl.
TOPPINGS. Top with chunks of avocado and strawberry, toasted almonds, bacon crumbles and shredded mozzarella cheese.
DRESSING. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
Tips, variations + SToring info
An avocado should be both firm and mushy. You don’t want the avocado to be as hard as a rock but you also don’t want it to be overly mushy. The flesh should be green and should not have any bruised spots.
Strawberries should be bright red without any mushy, bruised, or white spots.
- Try adding crispy chickpeas for more protein and some change of texture.
- Use feta, goat, or blue cheese as other viable options that would go well with the spinach.
If your entire salad has been dressed then it will most likely only last for about 24 hours. If you STORE your salad undressed it will last for 2-4 days. Either way STORE the salad in an airtight container in the fridge and know that the strawberries and avocados will lose their flavor and turn colors the longer they’re stored after they’ve been sliced.
To make this salad ahead of time, cut the strawberries and avocados and store, but you risk them not tasting as fresh and you risk the avocado turning brown and mushy.
Other Summer Salads:
- Apple Harvest Salad
- Summer Pasta Salad
- How to Make Fruit Salad
- Pear Salad
- Cucumber Dill Salad
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Salad
Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad Recipe
- 3 cup spinach - lightly packed
- 3 cup spring mix greens - lightly packed
- 1 avocado - sliced into chunks
- 5-6 medium strawberries - sliced into chunks
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds - toasted*
- 3 slices cooked bacon - crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salad dressing - of your choice
- Add greens to a large mixing or serving bowl. Top with chunks of avocado and strawberry, toasted almonds, bacon crumbles and shredded mozzarella cheese. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.