This light and summery bruschetta chicken and pasta is the perfect dish for entertaining. It’s easy, flavorful and absolutely delicious!
I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love pasta! Lasagna, pesto and stuffed pepper pasta are some of our favorites, but lately I’ve been gravitating towards extremely simple dishes. I mean, that is what LMS is all about, right? Seriously though, with the husband being gone, us moving, insanely hot weather, and me being 7 months pregnant, I NEED simple.
If you’ve never had bruschetta before, it’s essentially garlic bread topped with a mixture of tomatoes and basil. It’s pretty amazing, especially if you’re using fresh, seasonal produce. I wanted to transform the flavors of classic bruschetta into an almost effortless dish.
I started by cooking a pound of pasta, tossing it into a garlic olive oil sauce, then adding the bruschetta mixture along with some mozzarella pearls. On top I added some grilled chicken and a drizzle of balsamic and that was it! Extremely basic yet incredibly sophisticated. We could not stop eating it!
If you want to forgo the chicken, that’s totally fine. I could also see this with butter garlic shrimp on top! It’s going to be delicious no matter how you top it! P.S. don’t forget to grab my fresh bruschetta recipe HERE!
Bruschetta Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb uncooked pasta - (long, thin noodles are preferred)
- 1 lb chicken breasts - seasoned*
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher sea salt
- 3/4 cup pearl mozzarella
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Bring a large stock pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to the package's directions. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, grill or cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Remove from heat, tent with foil for at least 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic. Cook for 1 minute, then reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking for additional 4-5 minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant and very lightly browned. Remove from the heat and stir in salt and pepper.
- Add garlic oil mixture to the pasta, then the bruschetta mixture, toss to combine. Serve in a large bowl or on a platter. Add pearl mozzarella and chicken on top. Drizzle balsamic over chicken, serve immediately.