Looking for a treat to make for the Easter bunny? Whip up this easy, colorful bunny bait snack mix. It’ll have him hopping back for more!
Snack mixes are the perfect thing to throw together and have on hand for munching. You can customize them to your preferences, or jazz it up for a holiday. Try After School Snack Mix, or Chex Snack Mix next!
Wholesome Holiday Snack Mix
Easter will be here before we know it! I love making fun and festive treats for our family, and this one was a huge hit! Our toddler helped me mix it up, which only took 5 minutes. That’s it!
There’s a ton of fun & festive stuff going on in this mix, all of which is less processed and *slightly* more wholesome (at least more than a lot of the Eastery snack mixes out there), which makes this mama really happy.
I stuck with ingredients that were easy for me to find at my local grocery store, but can also be found big box stores too.
What’s in the Bunny Bait?
For our recipe, we included:
- kettle corn (it can either be homemade or store-bought)
- blueberry almonds (coconut would be yummy too)
- candy coated chocolate sunflower seeds (aka healthy sprinkles)
- yogurt covered raisins
- pretzel bunnies
- animal cracker and/or bunny grahams.
But you can always switch it up by including any of your favorite candies, nuts, or other snack items.
Just toss everything together and dig in. Or you know, if you have self-restraint, scoop it up and serve it in cute little snack cups or cellophane bags. 😉
Because all the ingredients keep just fine at room temperature, this is a great recipe for gifting. Like I said, you can put the snack mix in cellophane bags and tie it with a cute easter ribbon. Mason jars also work great for gifting. Or, find another kind of treat box at the craft store to package it in.
Friends and neighbors will be excited to receive some bunny bait of their own!
This bunny bait snack mix is so easy to make- there’s no excuse not to whip up a batch of it for Easter! It’s bright, festive and the perfect mix of sweet & salty. Kids will go nuts for it!
For more Easter treats, try:
Bunny Bait Snack Mix Recipe
- 8 cup kettle corn popcorn - homemade or store-bought*
- 1/2 bag Blue Diamond Blueberry Almond
- 1/4 cup candy coated chocolate sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup yogurt covered raisins
- 2 cup Annie's pretzel bunnies
- 2 cup Annie's Bunny Grahams - or Bernie's Farm Animal Cookies
- Toss all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Serve in individual cups or cellophane bags.