Chicken Bacon Alfredo-Ranch Pizza and the BEST DOUGH EVER
1. Whisk flour, salt and yeast in a medium bowl. While stirring with a wooded spoon, gradually add water, stir until incorporated. Mix dough gently and form into a rough ball. Transfer to a large clean (ungreased) bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise in a draft-free area at room temperature until surface of dough is covered with tiny bubbles and the dough has more than doubled in size. This usually takes about 18 hours or so. Transfer dough to a well-floured surface. Shape into a square or rectangle and divide in two. One portion at a time, take the corners and fold under, creating a ball. Dust dough with flour and set aside. Cover with plastic wrap and repeat with remaining dough (at this point you can toss one in the refrigerator in a ziplock bag if you are not going to use it that day or night, remove 2-3 hours before and cover with flour and plastic wrap). Allow dough to rest for 1 more hour.
2. To make the pizza peel, during the last 45 minutes of the dough’s resting, turn on your oven to 500 degrees. This way the oven will be hot and ready for the pizza. If you are using a pizza stone, place it in the oven while it is preheating, if you are using a pizza pan or baking sheet you do not have to heat it before hand.
3. Working on a floured surface, dust dough generously with flour. Gently shape dough into a 12″-14″ disk, keeping in mind it doesn’t have to be perfectly round. The article mentions not using a rolling pin, this forces the bubbles out and makes a really flat hard pizza, so by using your hands and fists, shape it that way. Place onto a floured (or cornmeal/flour combo) baking surface. Top with desired toppings and bake for 5-7 minutes on a pizza stone or 10-12 minutes on a baking sheet or pizza pan. Slice and enjoy!
*Note: this is a half recipe, it makes (2) 12″-14″ pizzas
Chicken Bacon Alfredo-Ranch Pizza
1/2 tomato, diced
1/4 onion, thinly sliced
4 strips bacon, cooked and diced
3 chicken tenders, cooked and diced (I seasoned mine with garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and oregano)
1 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella
1/4 c. shredded cheddar
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
pinch of salt and pepper
1/4 c. heavy cream
1 T. butter
1/4 c. freshly grated parmesan
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp. flour
1 tbsp. chicken stock or broth
1/8 c. ranch dressing
pinch of salt
1/8 tsp. ground pepper
1. To make sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add minced garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute. Add flour, cook for 1 minute. Add heavy cream and chicken broth, whisk. As mixture thickens, slowly add parmesan, whisk until smooth. Sprinkle in salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Add ranch, mix until incorporated.
2. Spread sauce evenly over pizza peel, leaving about 1 1/2 inches around the edge for the crust. Sprinkle shredded cheeses on top. Then place cooked/diced chicken and bacon on top, evenly dividing it. Add raw tomatoes and onion. Sprinkle oregano, red pepper, salt and pepper over entire pizza.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 500 degrees. Remove, let cool for 5 minutes, slice and serve.
Adapted from Baking With Blondie- Garlic Chicken Alfredo Bacon Pizza | Makes approximately 1 (10′-14″) pizza