These easy Italian antipasto kebobs take minutes to make and can be customized without a whole lot of fuss. They’re the perfect party appetizer!
I’m usually the one that avoids the sign up for bringing appetizers to a party. Mainly because I’d much rather make a salad, some rolls or a decadent dessert! But every once in a while I surprise myself and go for it. ?
I’ve always loved a good antipasto spread. Who doesn’t love meat, marinated vegetables, cheese, and carbs? These seemed like the perfect appetizer! Not overly fussy or messy and I could customize them to fit the tastes of everyone eating them. Best of all, they only took 15 minutes to assemble a dozen. ?
For this recipe you’ll need a dozen wooden skewers (more if you plan on feeding a bigger crowd) and all of the fixings. I was able to find 90% of what I needed at our grocery store’s self-serve Mediterranean bar. It’s kind of like a salad bar but with a bunch of olives and spreads.
If you’re store doesn’t have a section like this, you may need to spend a little extra time browsing the deli department and pasta aisle for the remaining ingredients. Remember, this is a flexible recipe, so if you can’t find something or prefer to use something else, that’s totally ok!
I used some leftover bread I had tucked away in the freezer and toasted it with some olive oil. It turned out nice and crisp. Grilling it is another option. If you prefer not to use bread, cooked tortellini would be another delicious swap. I’d suggest tossing it in a little bit of olive oil or the rustic basil sauce in the recipe below.
Assembling the skewers is quite easy. Just layer everything on one at a time. There’s no rhyme or reason to how I did mine, I just added the same ingredients at the same time on each skewer to speed the process along. Of course, if you want to customize yours it may take a bit longer.
These simple yet delicious antipasto kebobs are going to be a staple all summer long! I can’t wait to share some of the other variations I’ve been working on with you! Enjoy!!
Easy Antipasto Kebobs Recipe
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 marinated artichoke hearts - halved
- 24 slices salami - folded in half, then in half again
- 1/2 loaf crusty Italian bread - cut into 1-inch cubes, brushed with olive oil and toasted or grilled
- 24 mini mozzarella balls
- 12 1- inch chunks roasted bell peppers
- 12 pitted marinated olives
- 12 wooden 12-inch skewers
Rustic basil sauce:
- 1 c. loosely packed fresh basil
- cilantro *
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil - more if needed
- Layer ingredients on kebabs and refrigerate until needed.
- To make the sauce, mince basil and cilantro or process in a small food processor. Mix in salt, pepper and olive oil until a sauce forms. Using a pastry brush, brush over the mozzarella (and bread or pasta if using).
- Serve immediately.