You’re going to love these freezer-friendly breakfast burritos! They’re easy to make, a breeze to customize and great for those rushed, chaotic mornings!
The Easiest Make Ahead Breakfast
Breakfast burritos are super simple, I get that, but did you know they freeze and reheat well?!
That’s right. All you need to do is make an extra big batch of scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes. We had breakfast for dinner the other night, so I grabbed all of the BIG skillets and we made a bag full of burritos to stash away in the freezer. It was so easy!
If you’re looking for make-ahead breakfast ideas, I suggest giving these freezer-friendly breakfast burritos a try. They can be prepped days, weeks, even months in advance and reheat perfectly. These are such a great idea for those of us who have crazy, chaotic mornings!
How to Make and Freeze Breakfast Burritos
These are the ingredients we included in our burritos:
- 12 eggs
- 10 slices of bacon
- 1 cup of chopped ham
- 3 cups of hash browns or home fries
- 2 cups of shredded cheese.
Those are the basic ingredients. You can swap out the ham for sausage and you can add veggies like peppers, onion, tomato and spinach. The options are endless! If you don’t want 8 of the same kind of burritos, you can easily customize each to your liking.
COOK. Cook the potaoes, meat, eggs, and any vegetables you want to add.
COOL. After everything is fully cooked, let it cool completely. This is crucial so the ingredients don’t “sweat” inside the tortilla and make the burrito soggy.
ROLL. Divide everything between 8 large tortillas (regular, spinach or whole wheat), roll it up and then place them in plastic ziploc bags.
LABEL. I like to label them with a date. I’ve made these a few times now that I’ve memorized the time/temp for reheating, but you should probably add that too 🙂
When You’re Ready…
There are a couple ways to reheat the breakfast burritos.
Pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes on high, then flip it and repeat.
If you’d rather reheat it in the oven, either wrapped in foil, or unwrapped placed on a baking sheet. Although, you’re looking at a good 20-30 minutes in the oven. Not so ideal when you’re in a hurry, but definitely an option.
For more make-ahead breakfast options, try:
- Overnight Sausage, Egg, and Croissant Breakfast Bake
- Apple Muffins
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Berry French Toast Casserole
Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 3 cup frozen hash browns - or home fries
- 10 slices bacon
- 12 large eggs - lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup ham - cubed, (or chopped sliced ham)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese - shredded
- Cook potatoes according to package instructions; set aside.
- Cook bacon until crispy, crumble; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Place a large skillet set over medium-low heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil or a small pat of butter. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook until fully set, about 5-7 minutes; set aside.
- Top tortillas with potatoes, bacon, eggs, ham and cheese. Roll them up and place into ziploc bags.
- Freeze for up to three months. Reheat in the microwave for 2 minutes on high, flip, then reheat for another 2 minutes. Reheat in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.