This frozen peanut butter pretzel pie is out of this world good! It’s decadent, sweet, salty and so easy to make. This dessert has SUMMER written all over it!
Guys, we’re total peanut butter addicts over here. This frozen peanut butter pie is a delicious (almost) no-bake treat that’s perfect for warm weather. It has a chocolate pretzel crust, a thick and creamy peanut butter filling, and is topped with a luscious ganache and lots of peanut butter cups and pretzels. If you love sweet and salty desserts, this one’s for you!
Summer is finally here and so is the heat!!! We’ve been spending lots of time in the shade and at the splash pad. Anything to avoid the baking in the sun! The 90+ degree weather has got me craving something sweet, cold and decadent. This peanut butter pretzel pie is just what I need. It’s easy to whip up and even easier to devour.
You’ll need to plan out a some extra time for the pie to set. Which means, in total, this recipe requires about 2 ½ hours. I know that seems like a lot, but only half an hour is hands-on time. So when you make it this summer, you won’t be slaving over it all day, long, it’ll be tucked away in your freezer doing its thing while you’re enjoying the A/C or the pool.
When it’s set, grab a knife, some plates and forks and dig in! P.S. I think I’m finally getting the hang of this no-bake thing, which means you can expect to see a few more no-bake goodies coming to the blog soon. This frozen peanut butter pretzel pie was a huge hit at our house. Our family loved it and I think yours will too! ENJOY!!
Frozen Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie Recipe
For the Crust
- 1 1/4 cup oreo cookie crumbs - OR graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup pretzels - crushed into crumbs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter - melted
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
For the Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
For the Topping
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup peanut butter cups - chopped
- 1/2 cup pretzels - chopped
To make the Crust
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium mixing bowl combine the cookie or graham cracker crumbs, pretzel crumbs, butter, and brown sugar. Toss with a spoon until moist. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish (I recommend a pie dish with a tall rim). Freeze for 10 minutes, then place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
To make the Filling
- To make the filling: Using a stand or handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, mix until combined. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold in half of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Fold the remaining whipped cream in until smooth and creamy. Pour into the cooled crust, then spread into an even layer.
To make the Topping
- For the topping: Combine the chocolate and cream in a 2 cup glass measuring cup or a medium size microwave-safe bowl, heat at half power for one minute, stir then repeat. Remove and whisk for 1 minute until smooth. Spread over the filling, then top with chunks of peanut butter cups and pretzels. Chill for 2 hours, remove 10 minutes before serving and cut with a sharp knife (rinse under warm water if needed to get a nice clean cut). Serve cold.