Instant Pot Lasagna Soup combines all of the amazing flavors of traditional lasagna, but is ready to eat in a fraction of the time.
There’s hardly a better combination than garlic bread and Italian food! Bake up some Best Ever Cheesy Garlic Bread or Cheese Breadsticks to accompany this delicious Instant Pot Lasagna Soup.
Just like a pan of lasagna!
I love a good cheesy pan of hearty lasagna, but that is quite the undertaking and takes a good amount of time. When I want those same flavors, but in MUCH less time, I whip up a batch of this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup.
It has all of the delicious flavors of a lasagna, but in a soup. And let’s face it…lasagna in under 30 minutes is not going to happen, unless you are zapping some in the microwave! The fast cook time means it’s perfect for a last minute meal, or a busy weeknight dinner. Yes!
If you love lasagna and that mix of pasta, meat, and tomato sauce, you will LOVE this instant pot soup version. I love to whip up a fresh salad or some bread to go with this hearty soup, and it’s a dinner win!
Making Lasagna Soup
BROWN. Add the sausage and ground beef the Instant Pot insert on sauté mode. Cook, crumbling into pieces, until browned. Drain the grease, then add the meat back into the pot. Add the garlic and cook 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
COMBINE. Add the chicken broth, marinara sauce, lasagna noodles, salt, and pepper to the pot. Turn off the sauté mode, place the lid on the pot, and turn the knob to seal.
PRESSURE COOK. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release the pressure, then stir the soup to combine.
SERVE + ENJOY! To serve, add a hearty spoonful of ricotta to the bottom of a bowl, then ladle the soup over the top. Sprinkle the soup with parmesan cheese.
- To make a vegetarian version of this soup, swap out the meat for some sliced mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, and diced tomatoes. Add them after you’ve added the chicken broth and marinara sauce. You could also add some baby spinach or kale to your soup after it has cooked for some extra nutritional punch!
- To prepare a healthier version of this dish, swap out the Italian sausage and ground beef for turkey sausage and/or ground turkey instead.
- Make sure to add your lasagna noodles in the order listed in this recipe. If you add them before the liquids they may stay at the bottom of the pot because of their thickness and cause a burn warning on your appliance. For this same reason make sure not to stir the ingredients in the pot before you cook the soup.
- To make a heartier soup, add a few more broken lasagna noodles to this recipe.
STORE any leftovers in an airtight container. To FREEZE any leftover soup, wait until it is cooled before you do so. Also, be sure to leave a little room at the top of the container to allow for expansion once the soup has frozen. Any extra soup will be good for up to 3 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
If you are making the soup with the plan to FREEZE it all and save it for later you will want to leave the noodles out of the recipe and add cooked noodles to your soup once you reheat it. Keep in mind the noodles in the leftover soup will begin to absorb the liquid and your soup will thicken up quite a bit. You can remedy this by adding some broth to your soup when you reheat it.
Leftover frozen soup is best reheated after it has thawed in the fridge overnight. To REHEAT soup, cook it in a pot on your stovetop on medium. You can also microwave it for approximately 2 minutes, stirring part way through the cooking time.
For more delicious soups, check out:
- Instant Pot Chili
- Hot and Sour Soup
- Instant Pot Black Eyed Pea Soup
- Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
- Instant Pot Tortilla Soup
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 4 ounces mild Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 10 lasagna noodles - broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Add the sausage and ground beef the Instant Pot insert on sauté mode. Cook, crumbling into pieces, until browned. Drain the grease, then add the meat back into the pot. Add the garlic and cook 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, marinara sauce, lasagna noodles, salt, and pepper to the pot. Turn off the sauté mode, place the lid on the pot, and turn the knob to seal. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure, then stir the soup to combine.
- To serve, add a hearty spoonful of ricotta to the bottom of a bowl, then ladle the soup over the top. Sprinkle the soup with parmesan cheese.
Thanks for this recipe! I’ve made it twice and love how it’s all one pot. It is lasagna without a huge prep and kitchen mess.
I am new to cooking with the Instant Pot and quite frankly I am new to cooking with a recipe too! I was wondering how you buy 4 oz of meat that a recipe calls for. When ground sausage or beef comes in 1 lb packs? I know this isn’t rocket science, but I’m a 68 yr old guy trying to learn a new thing. hahahaha
Hi Ron, you are funny! Glad you are learning how to use the Instant Pot and you love this recipe. We often brown and freeze any left over ground sausage or beef and use it in a pasta sauce later for a quick meal.
Mt kids unfortunately don’t like lasagne but since I can add the ricotta to individual bowls this ends up being a winner for everyone. Finally a compromise!! We love it!
Love that this is an instant pot meal. We love lasagna, so we knew that we would love this soup too!