This crumbly & delicious pumpkin bread is the perfect cozy fall treat! Warmly spiced with & nutmeg cinnamon, it’s delish and easy to make.
Pumpkin Bread is soft and moist with wonderful pumpkin flavor. This is a go-to easy pumpkin bread recipe and it’s freezer friendly! For more scrumptious sweet breads try Pumpkin Zucchini Bread, Pull Apart Pumpkin Bubble Bread, and Zucchini Bread.
A Fall Necessity!
Moist and flavorful homemade pumpkin bread is a fall favorite. It’s loaded with sweet cinnamon spices and sweet pumpkin flavor.
Serve one of these loaves the day you make them. Wrap the other in foil and freeze up to one month so that you’ll have it. Although, it’s hard to not eat it all up straight from the oven. I know we can’t get enough of this sweet treat. It’s a perfect breakfast or snack.
This Pumpkin Bread is loaded with warm spices and full of delicious pumpkin flavor. This recipe will become one of your absolute fall favorites!
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin puree: You can make your own pumpkin puree but it isn’t required. You can simply use canned pumpkin. If you’re feeling ambitious, try using our pumpkin puree recipe!
PREP. Prepare three 7×3 inch bread loaf pans by spraying the bottom of the pans with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
BLEND. Using a stand or hand mixer, add the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, vanilla and sugar and mix until they are fully blended.
COMBINE. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice. Then add it to the pumpkin mixture.
DIVIDE & BAKE. Evenly divide the 3 bread pans. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Want to change it up? Here are a few ideas to be able to do that…
- Chocolate chips: Add in 1-2 cups of any type of chocolate chips
- Banana: Add in 1.5 cups of ripe mashed bananas
- Gluten free: Use gluten free all purpose flour
- Cinnamon + Sugar: Mix a bit of cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it on the batter before baking.
- Cream cheese: Pour ½ the batter in the pan and then spread the cream cheese filling on top before pouring the rest of the batter on top.
- Apple: You can either add in applesauce of chopped apples for a bit of bite. We recommend granny smith apples.
No matter what you add or take away, we think you’ll love this bread!
Pumpkin Bread FAQ + Storage
Why did my pumpkin bread not rise? The bread could’ve had stale leavening ingredients, or the time/temperature needed to be changed because of elevation. Sometimes in higher elevations the dough rises too quickly and then ends up falling before it can be baked and stays that way. Lastly, if the dough reaches the top of the pan before its finished rising it will fall.
Why does pumpkin bread crack on top? It’s just a sign that it has cooked all the way!
Why is my bread raw in the middle? If your timer has gone off and the bread isn’t cooked all the way through then you can turn the oven temperature down and put a foil tent over the pan to prevent the bread from burning while it finishes. If it is too raw it might be because the dough was too wet and made the dough very dense. I recommend using less pumpkin puree next time.
How do you keep pumpkin bread moist? If you store the bread at room temperature, keeping it tightly wrapped, then you should be good! The bread will dry out if too much air gets to it.
Pumpkin bread should be STORED on the countertop unless you’re wanting to keep it for a week or more, then it might be smart to keep it in the fridge.
For more of our favorite pumpkin recipes, try:
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 2/3 c water
- 3 c white sugar
- 3 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Prepare three 7x3 inch bread loaf pans by spraying the bottom of the pans with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, add the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, vanilla and sugar and mix until they are fully blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice. Then add it to the pumpkin mixture.
- Evenly divide the 3 bread pans. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.