Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa
Whip up your own salted caramel hot cocoa at home with just 5 ingredients! It’s quick, easy and extra amazing with a big dollop of homemade whipped cream. Mmmm! ☕️
I’ll admit, I’m not the biggest “hot beverage” consumer. However, when winter rolls around and it’s 30 degrees outside, I’m all for a big mug of hot chocolate! We usually make a batch of my homemade mix towards the end of fall, but this year I wanted to do something a little different. This salted caramel hot cocoa totally hit the spot. It’s chocolatey, sweet & salty- my three favorite things! ????
Making this could not be easier! Grab some whole milk, bittersweet chocolate chips + semisweet chocolate chips (I recommend Ghirardelli or even Scharffenberger chunks), salted caramel sauce (store-bought or homemade), and vanilla extract. THAT’S IT! It takes all of 8 minutes to make, including whipping your own cream for the top…
… and you definitely don’t want to skimp on the cream, or even worse, go without! Drizzle the top with a little extra caramel and and some chocolate shavings (or curls if you’re feeling fancy). Sip, stir & repeat. ????
I’ve fallen in love with this rich and decadent drink. It’s definitely going to be on repeat all winter long! Next up, candy cane cocoa!
Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa Recipe
- 4 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup salted caramel sauce - warmed (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping
- whipped cream
- salted caramel sauce
- chocolate shavings
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, add the milk. When the milk is warm, add the chocolate chips and caramel. Whisk constantly until chocolate has melted and the caramel is smooth. Pour in the vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and chocolate shavings, if desired.