Refreshingly sweet chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie is full of healthy ingredients. It’s the perfect way to start your day!
This cool and refreshing drink is healthy alternative to a favorite flavor combination. For more smoothie love try Mixed Berry Smoothie, Berry Peach and Coconut Smoothie Bowl, and Almond Coconut Smoothie.
Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Banana
This smoothie is packed full of rich, creamy chocolate peanut butter banana flavor. The best part though? It’s healthy! Well healthier than other versions at least. The banana and peanut butter are great sources of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. And the yogurt and milk are both good sources of protein.
I used a big scoop of ice, some vanilla yogurt, milk, cocoa powder, frozen banana, and rehydrated powdered peanut butter. Who doesn’t love a chocolate and peanut butter combo?!
My toddler kept calling it a chocolate milkshake. He’s kind of right, it tasted exactly like one, but a whole lot healthier! I hope you’ll give this smoothie a try- it’s rich, creamy and absolutely delicious.
Just Blend and Enjoy!
Place all ingredients in the bowl of blender, placing the heaviest ones on top:
- Powdered peanut butter (I chose this because of the fat content – or lack thereof 3 tbsp. of rehydrated powder has only a little over 2.5 grams of fat vs. 24 grams of fat in traditional peanut butter)
- Cocoa powder (helps keep things extra smooth)
- Sliced and frozen ripe banana (contributes to the creamy texture)
- Vanilla flavored yogurt and skim milk. (You can definitely sub those out for dairy-free options and it’d taste just as yummy!)
TOSS everything into my mixer and blended until it was thick and creamy. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Ingredient & Storage Tips
- If you want to incorporate chocolate protein powder you can swap that out for the normal cocoa powder, it just might be a little bit more chalky tasting.
- Powdered peanut butter seems most easily found on Amazon, as opposed to brick and mortar stores.
- If you want to make the smoothie sweeter you can add in a tbsp or so of honey/agave/maple syrup.
STORE leftover smoothie in the freezer in a covered cup. Make sure to remove the straw/spoon before putting it away. Let it thaw a little bit before trying to drink it.
More Tasty Smoothies:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 frozen banana
- 3 tbsp powdered peanut butter - prepared, mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder*
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt - (Greek or regular, or dairy-free)
- 1/3-1/2 milk - any kind
- 1/3 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of blender, placing the heaviest ones on top. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
-To make this smoothie extra thick and creamy, you can freeze the yogurt and in ice cube trays.
-Toss in 1 tsp. ground flax meal to make it extra healthy!
*I used a dark cocoa powder.
We make this on the weekends all the time!! It’s delicious & keeps are tummies nice & filled!
Genius to add peanut butter powder! It has all the taste and is still makes for a healthy breakfast drink. Next time I’m making this after coming home from the gym. So filling and energizing. Thanks for this smoothie recipe!
This is one of my very favorite smoothies. I love the combo of peanut butter and chocolate. So filling too!
Thank you so much for this delicious chocolate peanutbutter banana smoothie! It’s very easy to make! Fam loves it!