These Easy Peanut Butter Cookies are full of flavor, take only 5 ingredients, and don’t require chilling! They’re deliciously crumbly, remarkably soft, and boast a dense flavor.
Did I mention you only need 5 ingredients?! Yes, they are THAT easy. But trust me, there is no skimping on the flavor. For some more delectable cookies try Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brown Sugar Cookies, and Lemon Sugar Cookies.
Yummy, Easy Peanut Butter Cookies!
My hubby LOVES peanut butter flavored treats and desserts. Loves. He always votes for these perfectly delicious, soft peanut butter cookies.
One thing I love about these, they are SUPER easy to make! And they only require a handful of ingredients so I don’t need to make sure I have special ingredients on hand.
We can whip up these 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies in no time and enjoy a nice cold glass of milk. It’s my go-to peanut butter cookie recipe that the whole family loves! It’s a must try cookie!
How to Make PB Cookies
These 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies can be made in minutes. All you have to do is mix the ingredients together, shape the dough, and bake!
DOUGH. In a medium bowl, add the peanut butter, sugars, vanilla and egg. Mix until combined.
BAKE. Portion dough into balls (using a standard size cookie scoop). Place on baking sheet and flatten in a crisscross pattern with a fork. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown
COOL. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
Recipe Tips + FAQ
What kind of peanut butter (smooth/crunchy/natural / etc.)? Most recipes use creamy peanut butter because it is the most common peanut butter that people have at home. Natural peanut butter and crunchy peanut butter are other good options. It will just end up changing the texture of the cookie.
- Other nut butters: using different nut butters is definitely an option! It may change the texture but this is especially great for people with allergies. Just be aware that you might need to add more flour.
- Is salt needed? Salt is not needed, but if you would like to incorporate a ¼-½ teaspoon of salt it would only accent the delicious flavors in the dough. Most peanut butters have salt already mixed into them, so you may not need to use salt, unless you’re using natural peanut butter.
- OR make your own peanut butter with this recipe with our homemade honey roasted peanut butter
- Chocolate chips: totally feel free to add chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or even mini chocolate chips.
- Chocolate peanut butter cookies: you could incorporate 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to give the cookies a chocolate and pb taste.
- Substitutes for egg? If you don’t have an egg for this recipe there are plenty of substitutions you can try. Try a combo of 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of oil, half a mashed banana, or a ¼ cup of applesauce.
How to Store?
Store your cookies in an airtight container or a ziploc bag to keep them fresh. If you are worried about them becoming stale, you can store the cookies in a container with a piece of sandwich bread. The piece of bread will become stale, while the cookies will stay soft and fresh. Cookies should last about a week.
You can freeze baked cookies for about 6 months in an airtight container.
The dough will last for 3-5 days in the fridge as long as it’s wrapped properly. After this point, it needs to be baked. You can freeze cookie dough for about 6 months. You can either freeze them in balls, or as one large log of dough.
For more Peanut butter treats, check out:
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Caramel Crunch Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 1 c natural peanut butter
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- pinch salt - for sprinkling on top; optional
- Preheat to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, set aside
- Ina medium bowl, add the peanut butter, sugars, vanilla and egg. Mix until combined
- Using a standard size cookie scoop, portion dough into balls. Place on baking sheet and flatten in a crisscross pattern with a fork. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely