Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites
Caution: These chocolate covered cheesecake bites are extremely delicious and addicting! The smooth and tangy cheesecake covered in the sweet and crisp chocolate, make the perfect combination!
I LOVE cheesecake and all its varieties! But I especially love little bite-size cheesecakes! They are cute, perfectly portioned and so easy to make! If you love today’s cheesecake bites, then you will love our mini lemon cheesecake, mini chocolate chip bottom cheesecake, and mini mint Oreo cheesecake!
Delicious Mini Cheesecake Bites
Today’s cheesecake bites are one of my favorite treats! I love to have them in my freezer for a quick but decadent treat or to serve as a delicious grab and go dessert.
I enjoy the texture of the soft and thick cheesecake filling, coated by a thin, yet crispy chocolate!
The flavors of the two pair perfectly, yet this recipe is super easy to change up. You can make so many variations that you just can’t go wrong with these adorable little bites.
Cheesecake Bite Flavors + Variations
You could do options for different flavors:
- Add a teaspoon of jam or marmalade on top of each and swirl it into the cheesecake batter
- Add in lemon zest and lemon juice to the batter to make them lemon cheesecake bites
- Use different extracts such as a combo of almond and vanilla
- Oreo cheesecake bites: Oreo crust and mix in crushed cookies into the cheesecake batter
- Different types of crust– graham cracker, original Oreos, golden Oreos, Gingersnap cookies, chocolate chip cookies, brownie,
- Different toppings-chocolate covered, caramel drizzle, nuts, sprinkles, candies, fruit sauce, peanut butter sauce
You could also do so many variations:
- Keto– make your cheesecake crustless and make them in mini muffin tins or in a pan lined with parchment paper
- No-bake- Make a quick and easy no-bake cheesecake version
- Use a store-bought cheesecake, slice and dip into the chocolate- great if you are in a time crunch!
- Deep fry the cheesecake bites-instead of dipping in chocolate, roll them in a mixture of flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and milk, then fry until golden brown on the outside
How to Make Cheesecake Bites
For this recipe, we begin by making cheesecake in an 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch metal baking pan, lined with foil. Mix the crust ingredients and bake for 6-8 minutes in the lined baking pan.
While the crust is cooling, prepare the filling. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature when you begin, it will give you a smoother consistency. Once the crust is cool, pour the filling into it and bake for 25-28 minutes.
When the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly, crack the oven door open slightly and allow the cheesecake to rest for 10 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and allow the cheesecake to cool completely.
Once it is cooled, place the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least an hour and then transfer to the freezer. Keep the cheesecake in the freezer for 15 minutes before removing the cheesecake from the pan (using the foil to lift it out of the pan) and slice into 1/2 inch to 1-inch squares.
Covering in Chocolate
We love to cover each cheesecake bite in milk, dark or white chocolate! To do so, melt chocolate wafers in a small but deep microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 30 seconds on high and then stir. Repeat until the chocolate is smooth and fully melted.
Insert a toothpick into the side of the cheesecake bite. Then dip the bite into the chocolate and swirl to remove any excess chocolate. Transfer the cheesecake bite onto parchment or silicone baking sheet.
Chill the bites for 15 minutes before serving.
Pro Tip: Make sure to keep your cheesecakes bites cold once you remove them from the freezer to slice and dip!
How to Store Cheesecake Bites
Keep the chocolate covered cheesecake bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Or a freezer-safe bag in the freezer for 2-3 months.
They are a perfect treat to make ahead of time and are great for holidays, parties and any event that benefits from having mini treats out. 😉
Whatever you are making these bites for, make sure you make a lot, because they are sure to disappear quickly!!
For more cheesecake recipes:
- Mini Nutella S’ mores Cheesecakes
- Mini Coconut Lime Cheesecakes
- Mini Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecakes
- Mini Carrot Cake Cheesecakes
For the crust:
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter - melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch salt
For the filling:
- 12 oz cream cheese - (1 1/2 blocks), room temp
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream - room temp
- 1/4 cup heavy cream - room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs - room temp
- 1 bag Ghirardelli Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch metal square baking pan with foil, set aside.
- n a small mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and salt. Mix until the crumbs are moist.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Press to create a firm, even crust. Bake for 6-8 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), add the cream cheese, sugar and flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes until smooth.
- With mixing speed on low, gradually add the sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat for an additional minute on medium speed.
- Pour filling over the baked crust. Tap the pan on the counter 3 times. Return to the oven and bake for 25-28 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. Crack the door to the oven and allow the cheesecake to rest for 10 minutes before transferring the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before transferring to the freezer.
- Place cheesecake in freezer for 15 minutes before slicing. To slice, us a long, sharp chef's knife. Cut into 1/2-inch to 1-inch squares, depending on the size you prefer.
- Melt chocolate wafers in small but deep microwave safe bowl. Using a toothpick, insert it into the side of each cheesecake bite. Dip the cheesecakes into the chocolate and swirl to remove excess. Transfer to a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving.