This Instant Pot New York Cheesecake is everything a cheesecake should be, creamy, thick, rich, dense and utterly delicious!! And the Instant Pot makes this dessert favorite super easy!
If you have ever been to my website you can tell I LOVE cheesecakes!! Today I want to share with you an Instant Pot version of my favorite Classic New York Cheesecake! And if like this recipe then you will also want to try my Instant Pot Greek Yogurt Cheesecake!
Cheesecake in the Instant Pot – Yes, Please!
One of my all-time favorite desserts is New York-style cheesecake!!
I ask for it for my birthday every year. I like the New York-style cheesecake more than traditional cheesecake because it relies on cream cheese, heavy cream or sour cream and eggs to achieve its rich, dense texture. And because it is so thick and dense, most people can only eat a small slice, which means it will last me longer!!
To me, a great cheesecake is all about the texture. It needs to be smooth, creamy and firm. I love a yummy baked cheesecake, but they can be a labor of love to make. That is why this Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe is awesome! It really can’t get much easier than this!
How to Make Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Wrap a 7-inch or 8-inch springform pan with foil on the outside of the pan and crimp around the top of the pan.
- Lightly spray the pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared springform pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and allow to cool while preparing the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer combine the ingredients following the order on the recipe card
- Pour the filling into the baked crust and cover with foil to seal it tightly
- Pour 1 ¼ cups of water into the Instant Pot
- Create a foil sling to lower your springform into your Instant Pot. A foil sling- take a couple of pieces of foil and criss-cross them underneath your pan and the lower your pan into the pot. Then fold the edges down into the pot so that the lid closes correctly.
Cook on high pressure for 45 minutes, when it is finished turn it off or switch to KEEP WARM and allow it to depressurize naturally (this can take about 20 minutes)
- Remove from the Instant pot and remove all the foil
- Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes then cool in the refrigerator, uncovered, for at least 2 hours.
.If using a 7-inch springform, place the steamer rack in the bottom.
If using an 8-inch springform you’ll need to place something in the bottom of the insert like a metal mason jar sealing ring to raise it up enough.
- For a thicker, firmer cheesecake, cool 4+ hours in the refrigerator, just make sure to cover it after 2 hours to make sure it doesn’t dry out.
- Using room temperature ingredients leads to a smoother batter. If the ingredients are too cold when they’re mixed they can clump up and not cream together.
To make this in the crockpot, line the slow cooker with a piece of parchment paper, form the crust and then pour the filling into it. Cook on low for 5-7 hours and then chill for 3 hours.
How to Change Up, Store, + Freeze
My husband makes fun of me because when we go to Cheesecake Factory I love to order a plain New York Cheesecake-no frills or toppings, ok maybe some strawberries! But that is what makes cheesecake so delicious-you can eat it plain or change it up a million different ways!
Variations / Additions / Flavors
- Chocolate: You can choose to add either melted chocolate or cocoa powder to your filling mix
- Oreo: use an oreo crust or even mix crushed Oreos into the batter.
- Keto: You can make a crust with an almond flour base and substitute sugar for the erythritol.
- Lemon: Add in 3 tbsps of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of lemon zest into the batter.
- Key lime: add a ½ cup of fresh lime or key lime juice to the batter. Then top the cooked cheesecake with lime zest!
- Raspberry: Pour your batter onto your crust and then drop teaspoons/tablespoons(depending on your preference) of raspberry sauce onto the cheesecake batter and swirl it with a toothpick before baking.
Cheesecake can keep in the refrigerator for up to a week as long as it remains covered! And it can last for 2-3 months in the freezer as long as you let it cool, wrap it in foil and place it in a freezer-safe bag!
I hope you love this quick and easier way to enjoy a decadent New York Cheesecake!
For more cheesecake recipes, check out:
- Perfect Chocolate Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Key Lime Cheesecake
- No-Bake Strawberry Topped Cheesecake
- No-Bake Snickers Cheesecake
Instant Pot New York Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
- 12 sheets graham crackers
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, - melted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch sea salt - coarse kosher
For the filling:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp coarse kosher sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream - room temperature
- 1/3 c.up heavy cream
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks original cream cheese - room temperature
- 2 large eggs - room temperature
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 7-inch or 8-inch springform pan with baking spray. Wrap the outside with foil, crimp around the top edges of the pan.
- In a large ziploc bag or a food processor, crush the graham crackers until fine. Add butter, brown sugar and salt, mix to combine. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared springform pan. Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and allow to cool while preparing the filling.
For the filling:
- To prepare the filling, in the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl with a handheld mixer, add the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Mix on low to combine. Add vanilla extract, sour cream, heavy cream, mix on medium until creamy. With mixing speed on low, add cream cheese. Turn mixing speed up and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Pour the filling into the baked crust. Tap on the counter 3-4 times to remove air bubbles. Cover the top with foil, pressing tightly to seal it in.
- Pour 1 1/4 cups of water into the Instant Pot. If using a 7-inch springform, place the steamer rack in the bottom. If using an 8-inch springform you’ll need to place something in the bottom of the insert like a metal mason jar sealing ring (it will raise it up enough). Center the springform pan on a foil sling* and lower it into the Instant Pot and onto the rack or ring. Fold the foil sling on top of the cheesecake.
- Close and lock the lid. Select MANUAL (and make sure it’s on high pressure) for 45 minutes. When it beeps, either turn it off or let it switch to KEEP WARM. Allow the pressure to release naturally (do not turn the pressure release to venting). This takes about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and carefully lift the cheesecake from the pot. Remove the foil on top and peel of the foil from around the pan. Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator to cool uncovered for at least 2 hours. For a thicker, firmer cheesecake, cool 4+ hours (placing plastic wrap over top at the 2 hour mark).