Nut Lovers Rocky Road
Rocky road is one of my go-to recipes! We make it for ourselves and to take to parties & activities. The thing I love the most about it is how easy and delicious it is! It comes together in just 5 minutes and then gets tossed into the refrigerator to chill until you’re ready to serve it. Sometimes I like to substitute some of the semi-sweet chocolate for bittersweet, making these intensely rich and dark! You can definitely play around with what goes inside- today we did a nut lover’s version. They’re crammed full of peanuts, almonds, walnuts, and of course marshmallows. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, I think chocolate chunks or even some kind of chopped up cookie would be tasty too! Our batch is going quickly- if they last over the weekend these effortless treats will be perfect for the holidays!
- 1 (14-oz) can Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. dry roasted peanuts
- ½ c. roasted almonds
- ½ c. walnuts
- 1 (10-oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- In a large glass bowl (big enough to fit in your microwave), combine chocolate chips, condensed milk and butter. Microwave on medium heat for 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and allow to cool enough that the marshmallows won’t melt (a couple of minutes or so).
- Fold in nuts and marshmallows, making sure to coat evenly with chocolate.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 pan, lined with wax paper. Press mixture firmly down into the pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool for 2-3 hours before serving.