Pepperoni, Ham and Ricotta Stromboli
This pepperoni, ham and ricotta stromboli is easy and delicious! It’s perfect for a quick dinner or a game day appetizer!
My family LOVES pizza! We make it a few times a month and we never get tired of it. Sometimes we get creative and make pizza pinwheels, calzones, bagel bites or stromboli. This recipe is so easy, it’s perfect for busy weeknights, lazy weekends or game day parties. Serve it with a bowl of marinara and watch it disappear in seconds!
To start, you’ll need 2 balls of pizza dough (you can use homemade or store-bought). Roll it out into a long, narrow rectangle, and then spread the sauce over the top, leaving an inch or so around the edges without any sauce. Top with part-skim ricotta, parmesan cheese, grated mozzarella, deli ham, and pepperoni. I used HORMEL® Pepperoni – Original, it’s the #1 selling brand of pepperoni in America. If you’re like me, and you’re picky about the filling and the crust, I’d highly suggest popping the pepperoni onto a paper towel lined plate and microwaving it for 25 seconds on high. This will release a lot of the excess grease. Grab another paper towel and dab it off.
Roll it up like you would cinnamon rolls, then tuck the ends under. Pinch the edge to seal the dough (you may need to grab some warm water to help with that). Transfer to a lined baking sheet and then brush with egg wash. Using a knife, cut slits into the top so that the steam can vent. Pop it into a preheated oven and bake until golden brown. The cheese will start to ooze out of the slits, that’s totally fine!
Immediately brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle it with lots of parmesan cheese and a pinch or two of parsley!
Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing it up. You can serve it as-is or with a big bowl of marinara.
This pepperoni, ham and ricotta stromboli has quickly become a family favorite. Everyone is obsessed! It has so much flavor and zest thanks to the pepperoni, a bit of creaminess from the ricotta, and some sweetness form the ham. It was a winning combo!
Our family can’t get enough of this stromboli. I know you guys will love it too!
- 2 balls pizza dough (favorite recipe HERE)
- ½ c. pizza sauce
- ½ c. ricotta
- ½ c. grated parmesan
- 1⅓ c. grated mozzarella
- 1 (6 oz.) bag pepperoni*
- 8 slices deli ham
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp. water, beaten
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a standard size baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Roll each ball of dough into a large and narrow rectangle (about 18x7) on a lightly floured surface. Divide the sauce evenly between the dough, spread over top, leaving about 1 inch from the edge. Divide the toppings evenly, and top each with ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, pepperoni, and ham.
- Roll up the dough up like a cinnamon roll and pinch the edges to seal and fold where the seam is. Fold under the ends. Transfer the stromboli to the prepared baking sheet (laying them side by side, seam side down, with at least 4 inches between them). Brush with the egg mixture, then using a sharp knife, cut small slits in the top.
- Place in the oven and bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and brush with olive oil and top with parmesan and parsley. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
How would you use HORMEL® Pepperoni? Tell me in the comments below for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 2/7/2017 – 4/30/2017
Be sure to visit the HORMEL® Brand Page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!